Kraton Shock rod end replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jondylondy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
AR330338 according to the manual, but when I search it comes up for a Nero?? The rod end doesn't even look the same. Also on Amain they have one listed as ARA330203 which looks similar. Which one do I get?????

Get the Nero HD ones. Wayyy beefier than stock ones.

OK so I sat for 15 minutes at the LHS today staring at these 2 parts today...

The 338 comes with 2 pairs of ends (4 total) - 2 beefy ones and 2 skinny ones.
The 409 comes with 1 pair of beefy ones...

The beefy ones in the 2 packs are the same exact shock... But the 338 (that comes with more stuff) is $2 cheaper....
This remains a total mystery to me... What gives?

1588483689355.png
1588483782726.png

That’s weird. I bought the 330409

Yeah, they're putting 2 of those HD Nero ones in the "stock" AR330338 packages... The skinny ones are in the package too and are the ones that come stock on the trucks but yeah, for $2 cheaper than the 330409 package it's bizarre.
Why on earth won't they just streamline this?

Oh wow I didn’t even catch that the one that came with more stuff was cheaper at first. Super weird. Maybe someone else on here is more knowledgeable.

Oh wow I didn’t even catch that the one that came with more stuff was cheaper at first. Super weird. Maybe someone else on here is more knowledgeable.
I found a simar post on here about the same topic and someone mentioned about tekno being a beefy replacement and metal balls that go with them. I bought those but together was like $20 smh

I found these to be better than the tekno eyes, not broken one since fitting

Attachments

• 15885145864475073732235109772990.jpg
    15885145864475073732235109772990.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 131
The 2 pack are the HD ones that's what you want.
The 4 pack are the standard nero ends. Still last just not as long.

The 2 pack are the HD ones that's what you want.
The 4 pack are the standard nero ends. Still last just not as long.

Are you sure? They look exactly identical. Are they a different composite?
No, but stock fits.
They come in different colors. I pick blue just so I know what type I'm using. I have a mix to tekno and RPM.
Broken RPM as well but they are much stronger than stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...O7QZW&linkId=2337b76ab9ed8b70dec5af8ca93b406b

Linked for full description, no idea if these are available in the UK.

I'd like to get these as replacements since there's so many in a pack and you don't have to worry about the spring perch too... But I'd like to know what size / brand aluminum balls are best for these??

Last edited:
No, but stock fits.
They come in different colors. I pick blue just so I know what type I'm using. I have a mix to tekno and RPM.
Broken RPM as well but they are much stronger than stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...O7QZW&linkId=2337b76ab9ed8b70dec5af8ca93b406b

Linked for full description, no idea if these are available in the UK.

do yours naturally fit into the spring retainer portion that comes on the shock? I put one of these on but it wouldn’t slide it the slot on the stock spring retainer. I’m not sure of the exact terminology so I’m sorry if this is confusing. I’m just trying to find out if I need to mod anything to get mine to properly fit

AR330409 x2 - rod ends
TKR5049A x1 - balls

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back