Notorious Hinge Pin Holder Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codyv34

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So recently I found my front upper hinge pin was broken- I replaced that with the Arrma EXB Aluminium version since I could get it quick from my local hobby shop

Today I broke the front rear holder. At this point I don’t think I’ve really had the truck more than 8-10ft in the air. So I think I want to upgrade to aluminum pin holders all around. I was looking at M2C or Scorched RC, but even with the shipping costs to the US Scorched is a bit cheaper. Not totally apples to apples since M2C comes with some more pieces vs Scorched being a more direct replacement.

Is there any advantage to one or the other? Or any other recommendation?

Pictures?
Pictures?
I replaced the front upper rear pin holder, it broke on my Notorious, with a aluminum one. But the other one that broke, the one on the bumper?

Pictures?

I replaced the front upper rear pin holder, it broke on my Notorious, with a aluminum one. But the other one that broke, the one on the bumper?
IMG_6883.jpeg

Noticed when I was driving towards me that on the wheels had a little extra..or a low of toe-out lol. The end cracked right off so the pin was not being held in at all in the back

Chassis screw pulled through too, did you fall asleep with transmitter in hand??

Oh that one. Thanks for the pic. I've replaced all the front but that one. I have Arrma ones there. On the rear/rear at the tail I have Integy.

I noticed my rear holder is cracked but not completely broken all the way through. I live in Wisconsin. It’s been mild so far this winter 30-40s. But I’m sure the cooler weather makes the plastic a little more rigid.

So recently I found my front upper hinge pin was broken- I replaced that with the Arrma EXB Aluminium version since I could get it quick from my local hobby shop

Today I broke the front rear holder. At this point I don’t think I’ve really had the truck more than 8-10ft in the air. So I think I want to upgrade to aluminum pin holders all around. I was looking at M2C or Scorched RC, but even with the shipping costs to the US Scorched is a bit cheaper. Not totally apples to apples since M2C comes with some more pieces vs Scorched being a more direct replacement.

I know it's an older post but may still help in the future

Screenshot_20240310_190428_eBay.jpg

M2C? My m2c hinge pin system got wheeled out to the curb, a-arms still attached. I've had good luck with CURC and Scorched parts. I have Integy on my Outcast and there still straight, 7 different colors.

1000005195.jpg

Been working with these guys recently they make good parts alot like vitavon

1000005195.jpg

Been working with these guys recently they make good parts alot like vitavon
Dang it sorry for that repeat

Last edited:
Back