Shock towers and ride height

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyrtleH

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am interested in building a LWB (Kraton) chassis rock racer type vehicle al la:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/buggifying-the-kraton.42141/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/calling-arrma-we-really-need-want-something-like-this.44740/

I am on a budget and am looking to source most of my parts from OEM take-offs. A plush suspension with decent ground clearance is my focus and it seems like the arms and shocks from the Mojave would be ideal. However I am confused on how all of the different Arrma shock towers, which I think I understand are interchangeable, affect the ground clearance/ride height and what shocks can/should be used with which tower.

Can anyone provide any guidance on the different shock towers and their effects please? I am also open to any suggestions on my vehicle goal in general. Lots of great info on this forum, thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
The thing to mind wi using higher shock towers is it usually lifts the body with it. This was used as a temporary body while ah fannied aboot wi another. Sat on a talion.
_20210114_160518.JPG
_20210114_160159.JPG

Body currently for sale! 😉
_20210107_155402.JPG

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was wondering if it might be possible to get even more ground clearance from combining, say, the mojave shocks with the talion front shock tower. Howerver it was brought to my attention that you would eventually start running into dogbone clearance/ angle issues. Seems like the mojave towers and shocks would be the way to go.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was wondering if it might be possible to get even more ground clearance from combining, say, the mojave shocks with the talion front shock tower. Howerver it was brought to my attention that you would eventually start running into dogbone clearance/ angle issues. Seems like the mojave towers and shocks would be the way to go.
On my Talion there isn't much more space for additional travel.

Perhaps you could consider the Mojave arms which are a tad longer and they could give you a tad more down travel (along with all the other parts required to fit it).

I just run the monster sized wheels and there is plenty of clearance (175mm or 6.8" wheels). I like to run off road so I don't want the grass or anything slowing me down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back