Should arrma make a crawler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's too far out of their wheelhouse.

HH already has crawler brands as well. Given how much of market they have, they'd just be cannibalizing sales to some extent.

Yup same reason we most likely will not see an Arrma boat either.

No, but if I'm at Axial, I'm working like a madman to release a SCX-6 based on the Bomber or Capra, and be ready to watch the cash roll in. More and more custom cages are being built to make a 1/6 Bomber, and with companies like Vitavon pouring resources into the SCX-6 platform, it's a win for sure. Take my money.! I wouldn't bat an eye at a $1500 Bomber with two-speed transmission.

No, but if I'm at Axial, I'm working like a madman to release a SCX-6 based on the Bomber or Capra, and be ready to watch the cash roll in. More and more custom cages are being built to make a 1/6 Bomber, and with companies like Vitavon pouring resources into the SCX-6 platform, it's a win for sure. Take my money.! I wouldn't bat an eye at a $1500 Bomber with two-speed transmission.
Honestly the large scale market is pretty niche in the USA. Just about everyone who wants an SCX6 already has one, and I doubt a Capra 1/6 scale would sell well at all. The 1/10 Capra already has trouble moving even at super discounted rates. The scratch/dent capras were on sale for 350 for a good 6-8 months. So for a large scale Capra, it's generally going to appeal only to those who
A. Have space for large scale
B. Want the cage crawler design
C. Are willing to spend over 1000 dollars on a toy.

That seems a bit too far of a niche of a niche of a niche to me for Horizon's minimum ROI.

Does HH own proboat?
Yes HH owns Pro-boat.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pro-boat/
Honestly the large scale market is pretty niche in the USA. Just about everyone who wants an SCX6 already has one, and I doubt a Capra 1/6 scale would sell well at all. The 1/10 Capra already has trouble moving even at super discounted rates. The scratch/dent capras were on sale for 350 for a good 6-8 months. So for a large scale Capra, it's generally going to appeal only to those who

That seems a bit too far of a niche of a niche of a niche to me for Horizon's minimum ROI.
+!

I hear your point, but I don't agree. The aftermarket support for the SCX-6 is much larger than people think. There are now three companies making 1/6 cages. There are 12 tire options. Also, if it's a Bomber, 80% of the platfrom is already done. It's a cage and body pannels to be new.

It's a whole lot easier to do limited run upgrade kits for companies that specialize in hop ups than it is for Horizon to do a full scale run of RTRs. That's why you see stuff like Injora making the cage scx24 chassis and Furitek making the Rampart and Hiroyama frames but don't see Horizon or Traxxas doing 24th scale MTs. The math just doesn't add up for them to do those kinds of special builds and attempt to stock them at every hobby shop in America. Furitek only recently decided the Hiroyama had a big enough market to do a motor combo kit. All that being said I'd love a Capra 1/6 scale, but can't see myself spending 1300 on it. Even with the recent sales of SCX6 at 800 dollars it's just too much to spend in this economy for a truck I'd use maybe 4 or 5 days a year.

I buy Arrma because they are a beast. Go fast or go home. :ROFLMAO: . If you want to crawl, get a Sport. I have 1 and love it. Arrma rigs are so special because they make em better. Don't need to upgrade them, except for a servo.:cool:. The crawler thing will never happen, with Arrma. With that said never say never.👍

It's a whole lot easier to do limited run upgrade kits for companies that specialize in hop ups than it is for Horizon to do a full scale run of RTRs. That's why you see stuff like Injora making the cage scx24 chassis and Furitek making the Rampart and Hiroyama frames but don't see Horizon or Traxxas doing 24th scale MTs. The math just doesn't add up for them to do those kinds of special builds and attempt to stock them at every hobby shop in America. Furitek only recently decided the Hiroyama had a big enough market to do a motor combo kit. All that being said I'd love a Capra 1/6 scale, but can't see myself spending 1300 on it. Even with the recent sales of SCX6 at 800 dollars it's just too much to spend in this economy for a truck I'd use maybe 4 or 5 days a year.
We'll agree to disagree, and then wait and see. I'm in manufacturing and I think the math adds up nicely. I'm putting my chips on another SCX-6 variant within 2024. Losi has no problem moving $1000 large scale stuff, and their cage engineering sucks for the Rey series.

We'll agree to disagree, and then wait and see. I'm in manufacturing and I think the math adds up nicely. I'm putting my chips on another SCX-6 variant within 2024. Losi has no problem moving $1000 large scale stuff, and their cage engineering sucks for the Rey series.
That would be pretty rad! Hope you're right.

A legit 1/6 Bomber with the proper graphics, lights, and all the neat fruit salad it could come with would be such eye candy. The aftermarket accessory field would have a ball with all kinds of scale goodies. Vitavon would need their own aluminum smelter for the recycled soda cans and worn out ball bearings to keep up with the "bling" demand.

2-speed transmission, real res shocks and dampeners, beastly sensored brushless motor the size of a coke can, 8s, JConcepts Tusks,.......holy Moses. Take my money now!!!

I'll buy the first round of beers if it doesn't happen, but man wouldn't it be something special.

This is from UCFAB.
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 10-41-15 k listul (@ucfab) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 10-41-47 k listul (@ucfab) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back