Should diff oil be thicker in front than rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klappars

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
After reading all the diff oil related threads on the forum it seems that everyone uses and recommends having thicker oil in the front diff than the rear. For example 60k 100k 30k ( F C R)

Why is this so?
Can I use thicker oil in the rear than front and what effect would this have on handling.

I have a Talion V3 and am looking to make the handling have a little more oversteer.

After reading all the diff oil related threads on the forum it seems that everyone uses and recommends having thicker oil in the front diff than the rear. For example 60k 100k 30k ( F C R)

Why is this so?
Can I use thicker oil in the rear than front and what effect would this have on handling.

I have a Talion V3 and am looking to make the handling have a little more oversteer.

Hopefully this will help I run 30k 200k 60k in my rigs but this should explain the effects of diff oil simply.
3efc931708b8e1bc6f731b184b2866d6.jpg

Hey, so i have one Kraton v3 two days ago, and i,m using 1 battery 5s from turnigy graphine 5.0 mah 65c, the car is all stock, is better to change oil from difs right? I see so many ppl put in 500k in the center... what is the best for use in 4s, 5s or 6s? Thx for the help.

Hey, so i have one Kraton v3 two days ago, and i,m using 1 battery 5s from turnigy graphine 5.0 mah 65c, the car is all stock, is better to change oil from difs right? I see so many ppl put in 500k in the center... what is the best for use in 4s, 5s or 6s? Thx for the help.
4s or 6s the only way to use 5s is to turn off the lvc on the BLX185 esc.

Yep i know, i Change lipo to nimh and put One lipo alarm.

Last edited:
Yes
100000cst silicone is what comes in the 2018 Outcast center diff from Arrma
Nice, i have Kraton v3 and have 10k CST in front, center and back, if i put 100k on the center, tires from the front will not ballon so much right?
And gives him a litle more power on the back tires?
Sorry, i m new at this.

You can't really go wrong as long as it's thicker than stock. I run 1 million cst oil in the center diff of my Outcast and love it. :) it's all personal preference.

Wow, 1million , i think a Will try 100k ir evento 300k and will see... Eheh
Thx for the help

Wow, 1million , i think a Will try 100k ir evento 300k and will see... Eheh
Thx for the help

I run mine in the woods a lot and need more 4x4 action. Before when one wheel came off the ground it would get stuck. Now it's a beast off road and wheelies for days. Haha

I switched from 100k to 200k in the center diff and it was a noticeable improvement. Makes me want to try 500k just to see

I switched from 100k to 200k in the center diff and it was a noticeable improvement. Makes me want to try 500k just to see
Improvement in what? Better acceleration? Less ballon tires?
I,m trying too know what the best setup for some bash, and some races.

Improvement in what? Better acceleration? Less ballon tires?
I,m trying too know what the best setup for some bash, and some races.

improvement in both acceleration and reduced ballooning to the front tires

For speed runs it allows for top speed to be achieved in a shorter distance by allowing me to get into the throttle more aggressively without blowing the front diff out and spinning the front tires so much.

I haven't captured any accelerometer data for the last couple months and I didn't screenshot the initial runs made with the 100k center diff, but the difference in graph overlays when comparing both time and speed to distance were much quicker and shorter with the 200k, especially from 40mph to 60mph

IMG_6444.PNG

I just purchased a Notorious over the holidays and just got 125000cst for the center diff is it true that there is already 100000cst in the center which changed in 2018? Any source for that information

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back