Should I be worried about my lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything below 100 milli Ohms. And that is on the high side for sure. IMHO. But when brand new at full charge they are below 10. And usually identical if you have well matched cells. And all being close to each other is most important. That may not be your problem. But it only takes one cell that ruins the whole lipo. Lipo IR's are best checked when a lipo cell is at Full charge. 4.2v./cell. Check IR's a few times . You will see IR's change/vary. That is the industry standard way of measuring IR's. At a full charge.
Cheaper lipos usually don't have precisely matched lipo cells when mfr'ed. FWIW. You pay for better matched cells. Usually what separates the men from the boys.:cool:

guess it’s a good thing I have been looking at some smc lipos. Might pick up two 3s. Thank you for your help.

What does IR cell mean?
I just found that out today. IR. Didn't know a thing about it. Now I know I've been in the dark this whole time. My LHS sold me a 💩 charger. Up200 duo. Has nothing on it for seeing IR.

I just found that out today. IR. Didn't know a thing about it. Now I know I've been in the dark this whole time. My LHS sold me a 💩 charger. Up200 duo. Has nothing on it for seeing IR.
He's not active on this forum anymore.

He's not active on this forum anymore.
Ah. Maybe got overwhelmed and bowed out of the hobby. I'm just about there. Money. I never have good enough. Can't do and know what everyone else can. Learning more everyday it's a hobby for those with more. Not less. Got in too deep. Eyes bigger than the wallet.

Ah. Maybe got overwhelmed and bowed out of the hobby. I'm just about there. Money. I never have good enough. Can't do and know what everyone else can. Learning more everyday it's a hobby for those with more. Not less. Got in too deep. Eyes bigger than the wallet.
It has a habit of emptying your bank account 😆

Last edited:
It has a habit of emptying you bank account 😆
True, but that's relative. I see guys here that provide their wives with Mercedes. Building themselves air conditioned trailers to bring their RC shops wherever they please. Custom side by sides. I own nothing BUT my RC's.

True, but that's relative. I see guys here that provide their wives with Mercedes. Building themselves air conditioned trailers to bring their RC shops wherever they please. Custom side by sides. I own nothing BUT my RC's.
So you have less expenses. That's a good position to be in.

So you have less expenses. That's a good position to be in.
I appreciate your perspective. That's also relative. I'd rather be able to afford the expenses on my own than play with hobby toys. It's not a matter of being irresponsible or lazy. Almost died in 2000 and 2001. I'd rather have a wife and pay for everything. I need a distraction like everyone else in life. Can't keep up with a hobby that rips people off. The world is one big racket. A game I can't play.

I appreciate your perspective. That's also relative. I'd rather be able to afford the expenses on my own than play with hobby toys. It's not a matter of being irresponsible or lazy. Almost died in 2000 and 2001. I'd rather have a wife and pay for everything. I need a distraction like everyone else in life. Can't keep up with a hobby that rips people off. The world is one big racket. A game I can't play.
Hobbies are suppose to be fun. If you are finding the hobby or the expense of it stressful than maybe it's not the hobby for you. Hope you find your distraction.

I have one last build I get to show-off though. Not looking to win or profit from it. Rig of the month! These things have bled me dry beyond the usual, so this will HAVE to be the last one. May have to get rid of a couple RC's this year. I need to manage my own expectations and stop creating more money pits. That's on me. My responsibility to know my limits.

Back