Outcast Should the center diff get hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tested the car. The center diff still got hot. I think it is because of my driving still. I may try to remove the 2 shims behind the 2 big gears. Just to make sure.

I tested the car. The center diff still got hot. I think it is because of my driving still. I may try to remove the 2 shims behind the 2 big gears. Just to make sure.
Was this with the 300k or the 100?

Went through and set my default to google instead of bixby.

Cool found it! Good bye Bixby! :)

Basher body on the new wheels looks good in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20180215_185507.jpg
    20180215_185507.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180215_185419.jpg
    20180215_185419.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 60
The slight humming sound in the first clip I think is from the heavier cst diff in the center. But the second clip when driving around it sounded like a meshing issue. The only reason I think that is when you were in reverse and then gave it some power that slight grind. But I can't say really only advice I have there is no matter how much it sucks tear her down and recheck.

To update you gays, I removed all the shims from center diff and kept the 2 stock shims. After all kind of wheelies, back-flips and speed runs the center diff still gets HOT. The heat was between 140F and 180F degree.
My conclusion, I think it is normal to get hot.

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-16 at 5.12.23 PM.jpeg

Have Fun Every One:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Another update. I returned all the shims and test it. I still got the same heat. I'm going to add some thick oil (like @Jerry-rigged said) and see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

Another update. I returned all the shims and test it. I still got the same heat. I'm going to add some thick oil (like @Jerry-rigged said) and see how it goes. Thanks everyone.
Had this exact same thing happen to me, my CD would get so hot that it heated up my pinion gear and caused it to come loose. I removed my CD and discovered that I had a bearing that was binding up after a few minutes of running it. Replaced both bearings with fast eddy bearings, re-installed making sure that the mesh between pinion and spur was correct and problem was solved. My CD is also shimmed, not sure about the shims you are using but when I did mine I tested for any binding before I filled it with fluid. I assembled it with only two screws snugly and checked that the gears didn't bind. The silicone can hide this that's why I checked them dry first. Hope you get it figured out, took me about two days to figure mine out.........lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back