Typhon Suspension set up for the street

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojo5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Just got a Typhon 6s. First thing I did was put street tires on the car. I'd like to use this car for both street and dirt. Should I lower the car for running it on the street? Raise it to run on dirt track with jumps? Also When I put the Hoons street wheels and tires on I noticed the Camber was pretty significant. Maybe because the tires are wider and flatter? I have a camber tool coming soon. What degree of Camber is recommended? Would it be different for street vs. dirt?

I adjust the camber to near flat for street bsshing with GRP tires on it. I think the easiest way to do both is simply adjust the droop so the arms sit level or slightly below for street, slightly above for off road. Also, increase the shock spring preload to be stiffer on road and softer for off road.
If you want top performance, a lot of changes need to be made, but the droop and spring adjustments will make the biggest difference while keeping it easy to go street or dirt with very little time spent changing things.

My favorite setup for 6s Typhons is Limitless shock towers and shocks, and Hoons for street bashing. As @sumguy75 said, simple suspension and droop settings are all that’s required to go back and forth, just put the Typhon wheels back on for dirt. It’s lower at this point, but the Typhons are pretty low to begin with with stock tires.
Unless speed running, I like 1° negative camber in the front and zero in the rear.

My favorite setup for 6s Typhons is Limitless shock towers and shocks, and Hoons for street bashing. As @sumguy75 said, simple suspension and droop settings are all that’s required to go back and forth, just put the Typhon wheels back on for dirt. It’s lower at this point, but the Typhons are pretty low to begin with with stock tires.
Unless speed running, I like 1° negative camber in the front and zero in the rear.
Same here - Limitless shock towers and shocks. Stock shocks just let the tires wear down too much on the inside as tire position/ angle is so different when accelerating and in corners.

Camber also changes a lot on stock shocks when the lipo gets more empty - the car gets so much lighter. Few people know that lipos get a lot lighter when they are not full anymore. Like a couple of hundered grams. Changes driving characteristics. So that kind of messes with camber and handling also. :unsure:

when the lipo gets more empty - the car gets so much lighter. Few people know that lipos get a lot lighter when they are not full anymore. Like a couple of hundered grams.. :unsure:
No way. Seriously? Is it April 1st? You’re having a laugh right now, aren’t you? 😊

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to straighten the camber out a little and see how it does. Basically just keep making minor adjustments and see how it does.
Just out of curiosity, I feel I need to weigh a full battery next to a dead one. See how much power weighs!

Same here - Limitless shock towers and shocks. Stock shocks just let the tires wear down too much on the inside as tire position/ angle is so different when accelerating and in corners.

Camber also changes a lot on stock shocks when the lipo gets more empty - the car gets so much lighter. Few people know that lipos get a lot lighter when they are not full anymore. Like a couple of hundered grams. Changes driving characteristics. So that kind of messes with camber and handling also. :unsure:
Yes there have been "assertions" regarding the weight of a Full charged lipo versus one at say 50% charged.
The weight is NOT 100 grams of a difference. Far from it. I measured many of my packs charged and otherwise. It is a moot undetectable point to be made.
This is not like a Nitro or Gas RC, where we are talking Ounces of a tangible weight difference as the Fuel is consumed.
:cool:

Typhon setup Capture.JPG

The ideal street setup would be to swap over the Limitless/Infraction/Felony towers and shocks on the car.

Makes a big difference. This rig was very planted and an absolute animal in a parking lot. Even on 4s it was a handful.

Yes there have been "assertions" regarding the weight of a Full charged lipo versus one at say 50% charged.
The weight is NOT 100 grams of a difference. Far from it. I measured many of my packs charged and otherwise. It is a moot undetectable point to be made.
This is not like a Nitro or Gas RC, where we are talking Ounces of a tangible weight difference as the Fuel is consumed.
:cool:
I was BS-ing.
Got ya me thinks! 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back