Typhon Shock Set Up . Mojyphon . MO- . Mojavified Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BendORBasher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
What are you guys using for a shock set up when adding Mojave arms to your Typhons? Stock towers is what I have but could swap that as my son bent the rear one after getting bucked on a speed bump 5 mins into itā€™s maiden voyage! šŸ˜¬

IMG_7085.jpeg

Usually it's the Front tower that gets trashed, being exposed, but crap happens.
Just remove and hammer the bent rear tower straight for now, and keep rolling.
If you are talking about different shocks, and running Mojave towers, I would go with the matching Mojave shocks.
BTW , those Mojo Fortress tires run great on my stocker TLRT Typhon , stock Arms and all.

Thanks. Iā€™m trying to run the Typhon shocks and towers for now. I had some Mojave font springs on hand so swapped those in and upped the oil weight to dampen properly. The only longer springs I have on hand are kraton fronts so Iā€™m trying them on the back side but they are a bit stiff. Just wondering what others have tried. Playing with the different shock tower holes to change angles makes a big difference also.

Total fluke on the endo and bent rear tower. It hit the ground right on the corner and bent it pretty good. Still worked for the session though so all was well.

Laying down shocks tends to offer a stiffer ride, in general. While reducing traction rolling as well. And usually that alone works for me. Then adjust my droop and then shock preload afterwards. I usually play with the shock angles, first before swapping springs and changing oils. Laying them down more will reduce ride height. And change the effective shock compression stroke as well as Shock droop/Arm droop/chassis height.. Usually for the best, for me.

Last edited:
I thought laying down shocks offers a softer ride. Is that not correct?
see thisā€¦

Attachments

• IMG_7096.png
    IMG_7096.png
    640.7 KB · Views: 20
Comparing Spring Rate to Spring Force is the main difference here. The above is for scale cars but absolutely equates to our RC scale platforms.

I feel it just limits the shock compression stroke. I always felt once preload is set well enough, that the Spring force is stiffer. Just me. I do this all the time, laying down the shocks more than stock with almost every single rig I have. Lay down just one notch at a time, then evaluate. Only do the fronts or rears first. Focusing on the end that you want to adjust better first. But ultimately getting the right balance of of F-R.

I used and old senton with mojave arms and i think i kept typhon shocks on it if i remember right.

buggy3.jpg

early buggy progress.jpg

Nice buggy! Love the purple digital camo. When I had everything together the first go round and set the new build down on its wheels there was obviously a problem. With the standard set Typhon shocks and Mojave arms it had zero support and sagged badly. Iā€™m currently set up like thisā€¦

Front - Typhon shocks, Mojave front springs and 50 wt oil. Center position on towers.
Rear - Typhon shocks, Kraton front springs, 70 wt oil. Low position on towers.

It feels a little firm until you load a pack in it. Iā€™ve sent it pretty good and it jumps and lands nicely, im good! My other Typhon is set up with Kraton hubs and standard Typhon shocks. Itā€™s definitely softer. I think somewhere in the middle would be perfect but thatā€™s how it goes!

Last edited:
Back