Kraton Shrink wrapped motor connectors/placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studmoney

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just curious who else runs there wires vertical apposed to the horizontal route I usually see? Also is heat wrapping the connections smart or not so smart?

IMG_20211208_163811.jpg

Verticle or Flat as feasible on your specific rig. Generally it is best to keep wires secure enough so they don't flop around when bashing hard. That is how the solder joints weaken over time, then break. Wire ties and Heatshrink is always the way to go. Motor leads usually come apart at some point.

Below, I always drill a hole at the 2 blue dots and place a wire tie through it to keep the 3 wires in place.. The motor wires usually pop out here if you don't.

1639000486036.jpeg

20211208_170003.jpg

Verticle or Flat as feasible on your specific rig. Generally it is best to keep wires secure enough so they don't flop around when bashing hard. That is how the solder joints weaken over time, then break. Wire ties and Heatshrink is always the way to go. Motor leads usually come apart at some point.

Below, I always drill a hole at the 2 blue dots and place a wire tie through it to keep the 3 wires in place.. The motor wires usually pop out here if you don't.

View attachment 184907

View attachment 184909
I always enjoy your replies, you always have some worthwhile👍👍👍 knowledge to offer.

View attachment 184907

View attachment 184909
That's awesome, thanks 👍 will do for sure.

For sure, I had electrical tape on em and the still popped free after today's session so heat resistant shrink tube is clutch!!
Get the marine type with adhesive if you can

First bash session with the shrink wrapped wires and the heat from the motor only solidified the wrap further very cool idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back