Simple case for RC pistol Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamator

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Does anyone know of a decent not too expensive protective case for pistol style Surface Radios?

All I can find is Cases for Airplane controllers. I know Spektrum sells a case but I’m looking for something a little more basic. Something I can just put my Transmitter in when I throw it in the trunk. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of cases!

If your looking for inexpensive, and functional, this works well. it shows an air transmitter in the photos, but the interior foam blocks are repositionable and work fine for a ground transmitter. Transmitter case

Uh wtf? When I posted this that case was only like $30...................
That's amazon for ya! But on the plus side, I had not considered something like a camera case so at least it gives me a new idea. With something like a camera case I'd imagine I need to cut the foam to fit a transmitter?

That's amazon for ya! But on the plus side, I had not considered something like a camera case so at least it gives me a new idea. With something like a camera case I'd imagine I need to cut the foam to fit a transmitter?
Yeah most of them have customizable foam.

Does anyone know of a decent not too expensive protective case for pistol style Surface Radios?

All I can find is Cases for Airplane controllers. I know Spektrum sells a case but I’m looking for something a little more basic. Something I can just put my Transmitter in when I throw it in the trunk. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of cases!
Just go to Harbor Freight and get a pick and pluck case.

Do the cases just come with a block of foam typically and you cut it to whatever shape you need?
It's not a solid block of foam in most of them it is pull and pluck foam.

This is the Harbor Freight one for example.

This is the one I linked to on Amazon.
w4564et4ew4tled.jpg

Although I said I was looking for cheap options, I am taking a look at the spektrum case. I can't actually tell if it will fit the DX5 Pro. Does anyone know by chance?

https://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM6713

I know there is also the "DSMR" case that is black and originally for the DX6R. That one I know will hold the DX5 Pro. But that case I think is older and a lot more hard to find. The silver one is much more readily available. But looking at images of it, I feel like the foam wont hold a DX5 Pro. It doesn't have a cutout for the antenna, for example.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back