Transmitter/Receiver recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, RC8X it is. GoNitro happens to be 20min from me and they do sell to walk-ins so I went over and grabbed it, $265 OTD.

https://nitrohobbies.com/rc8x/

View attachment 346048
Dang dude, I’m jealous. You went for the upgrade! By all accounts this a freaking great radio for the money. As for the gyro, try it out on a lower setting and you might find you like it. If not, just disable it. I used to hate gyros, but that was based on the RTR setups on the Traxxas and Team Associated stuff. The RadioLink one actually works really well.

RC8X and the new NB4+ are really good.

Dang dude, I’m jealous. You went for the upgrade! By all accounts this a freaking great radio for the money. As for the gyro, try it out on a lower setting and you might find you like it. If not, just disable it. I used to hate gyros, but that was based on the RTR setups on the Traxxas and Team Associated stuff. The RadioLink one actually works really well.
Like I said in your build thread, Its the story (problem) of my hobbyistic life. Cars/Bikes/RC/Sports....... I start responsibly and then just go for more.
When staring at the 2 Transmitters, the RC6GS would have suited me just fine, BUT, then I convinced myself that I needed the RC8X.
I'll def tryout the gyro, I bookmarked what you said in another post about trying it. This is my first road car, I am looking toward to getting it going.

^^^

Dumbo's a great Basher Radio, as long as you are not Speed running 1,200ft away from you looking for 90+ MPH Passes. This is where the Radiolink Radios shine best, hands down.
There is no quessing about this or splitting hairs. Just a well known fact.:cool:

Last edited:
Guys, a noob question here, I noticed you all suggested all kinds of tx brands except for spektrum. Given that arrmas already come with spektrum receivers, wouldn't a spectrum trx make more sense? Something like a dx5 or dx6?

Guys, a noob question here, I noticed you all suggested all kinds of tx brands except for spektrum. Given that arrmas already come with spektrum receivers, wouldn't a spectrum trx make more sense? Something like a dx5 or dx6?
The Spektrum TXs are fine but not known to have a very long range. They are definitely the easy solution for pairing with the stock receivers.

Radiolink and some of the other Chinese brands work great, are much less money and work over longer distances. The receivers also less expensive so for those of us who are building our own kits on a budget or not using stock electronics they represent a savings.

This is a pretty darn good radio for $60-70. Works with all existing DumboRC receivers, if you have an X6 I'd say this is worth the upgrade.

Back