Transmitter/Receiver recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey all, I am looking for a Tx/Rx recommendations for my Infraction build. I have all Spektrum for my current vehicles; DX4s for my 1/16 Erevo and a DX5c for my Kraton/Erevo. I have stuck with Spektrum because I started with a DX3.o and just stay with what I knew. I am goin got be honest, I am more of a hardware than a software guy. I know the basics, but I am kinda electronics illiterate (and kinda suck at soldering too!).
I want a separate Tx for the Infraction in the event that I go driving multiple vehicles w my kids etc. I have been doing my reading and have found Futaba, Flysky, Radiolink and Radiometer to be popular. I have only heard of Futaba out of the group. Want to keep it at or under $300 for Tx/Rx. I am going to bash the Infraction and may convert it to do speed-runs at some point.

TIA for experiences & recommendations.

**bonus if anyone wants to add parameters for using a dedicated lipo for fans/servo on this car too. Are there specific specs for the lipos that I would need?

Well if you're going to throw "speed running" out there, then that certainly narrows down what options you might be recommended by people. As far as what works, I've been plenty happy with my flysky GT5. You can get cheap $7-8 dollar 3 channel receivers off aliexpress that pair just fine, and you can also pair the standard 6 channel FS-BS6 receivers if you want tons of channels, and it costs <$100. I've even done some "mild" speed running with it, no cutoffs at 1000ft range. Plenty of good options though.

If you want, you can easily be recommended some $200+ radio setups on here, so be careful what you ask for ;)

Well if you're going to throw "speed running" out there, then that certainly narrows down what options you might be recommended by people. As far as what works, I've been plenty happy with my flysky GT5. You can get cheap $7-8 dollar 3 channel receivers off aliexpress that pair just fine, and you can also pair the standard 6 channel FS-BS6 receivers if you want tons of channels, and it costs <$100. I've even done some "mild" speed running with it, no cutoffs at 1000ft range. Plenty of good options though.

If you want, you can easily be recommended some $200+ radio setups on here, so be careful what you ask for ;)
like the RC8GS, heard its good, but another receiver that ive heard is great is the rc6gs and its under 90$

Last edited:
For kicks I recently picked up the Rlaarlo transmitter. Works great just need to run it on 4aa + 18650. Surprised how good it is for $40.00 There are a lot of good options for under $200. As far as range goes I think the Radiolink products are the go to.

https://rlaarlo.com/products/8-channel-remote-control

I'm a vote for the Radiolink RC4GS ($60) or RC6GS $(80). Easy to program, lots of range, they come with a Gyro equipped RX and extra RXs are only around $20. I think you would be surprised at what just a little money will do for you.

Hey all, I am looking for a Tx/Rx recommendations for my Infraction build. I have all Spektrum for my current vehicles; DX4s for my 1/16 Erevo and a DX5c for my Kraton/Erevo. I have stuck with Spektrum because I started with a DX3.o and just stay with what I knew. I am goin got be honest, I am more of a hardware than a software guy. I know the basics, but I am kinda electronics illiterate (and kinda suck at soldering too!).
I want a separate Tx for the Infraction in the event that I go driving multiple vehicles w my kids etc. I have been doing my reading and have found Futaba, Flysky, Radiolink and Radiometer to be popular. I have only heard of Futaba out of the group. Want to keep it at or under $300 for Tx/Rx. I am going to bash the Infraction and may convert it to do speed-runs at some point.

TIA for experiences & recommendations.

**bonus if anyone wants to add parameters for using a dedicated lipo for fans/servo on this car too. Are there specific specs for the lipos that I would need?

Radios for speed runs and can be great for bashing also:

1. Top pick for reasons of being simple and easy to use out of the box with great features and range - the RadioLink RC8x.
1.5 Radio link RC6GS V2 or V3 if you want to save some coin it works great for any use including speed runs.
2. The FlySky Noble NB4 is very good but you would potentially need to modify the RX with better antennas for long range.
3. The RadioMaster MT12 is potentially the best surface radio made yet, but the user interface is not for the light of heart and most users often avoid it for that reason.

Avoid Futaba, it is just expensive and not worth the hype ( I have owned 2 and was not impressed)

Flysky fan here. I have checked out both the Radiomaster and the Rlarrlo. What I didn't care for with the Radiomaster is the screen and having waay to many buttons/knobs for me to bump by accident or learn. The Rlarrlo only having 8 model memory kills it for me. I just want 3 channels, 25 model memory and $10 receivers.. my GT3b comes close, but only 10 models and 6.5v BEC rating is poop. I have fed 7.4v without issues, not sure they'll take 8.4v though. I like the TQi, but the menu is non existent and 6.0v receivers are unacceptable. Spektrum DX3 feels good in the hand, decent easy(ish) adjustability but, 1 model memory, poop, and Spektrum receivers are ridiculously overpriced. My brother in-law has a DX5 rugged to use with his Axial Capra..after an hour trying to figure out end point adjustments, forget that POS. I wouldn't take one for free.

As many above have said, RadioLink RC6GS-V3. Just can’t beat it for twice the money, or much more in some cases.
My bro picked up a RC4 Radiolink. I'm really not sure which model it is, but it's RC4 something or other. He likes it, doesn't like the trigger though. I'm on the hunt for a new Tx myself. Many really good options under $100 these days. I bought my current Flysky GT3b (x2) for around $30 each back in 2011. Crazy that they're still selling them 13 years later..and at nearly the same price! Range is an issue with them though. Speed runners needn't bother with a GT3b.

Radiolink RC6GS: inexpensive ($90), and has a range of over 600M (1900 feet), three times the range of most radios. Additional receivers are under $20.
+!!
Whether RL RC6GS or RC4GS, they both have the best range in class for their price point. Both having Similar performance, Hands down, best for Speed running.
Run the RL R7FG Rx dual antenna Rx with it, then you have the best combination. Along with Voltage Telem. at the Radio.
There is nothing worse than losing range and control at 100+ MPH. Been there.

Yep and if you are looking for a "nice" radio the RC8x is the same range quality of the RC6GS but provides a much nicer color screen interface.
It also has ports where you can add on a camera on the car and displays on the radio screen.(really cool feature)
Built in throttle speed (like the perfect pass)
In addition a port for TBS crossfire range booster (not needed but good to have)

My bro picked up a RC4 Radiolink. I'm really not sure which model it is, but it's RC4 something or other. He likes it, doesn't like the trigger though. I'm on the hunt for a new Tx myself. Many really good options under $100 these days. I bought my current Flysky GT3b (x2) for around $30 each back in 2011. Crazy that they're still selling them 13 years later..and at nearly the same price! Range is an issue with them though. Speed runners needn't bother with a GT3b.
The range issue was the main reason I don't use my GT5 with my bashers. I found the Radiolink RC6GS V2 several years ago when I was looking for a radio to control my bashers (now up to ten). My GT5 is relegated to control my five crawlers.

The range issue was the main reason I don't use my GT5 with my bashers. I found the Radiolink RC6GS V2 several years ago when I was looking for a radio to control my bashers (now up to ten). My GT5 is relegated to control my five crawlers.
Good to know. I was looking at the GT5. I have to admit that since the GT3b has sufficed for this long, I can probably live with the GT5 as well.. but yeah, the GT3b is only good for maybe 150'. Latency is quite bad too.
I love the display of the GT3b, and under $10 receivers, which is what's kept me from switching. I understand some like gyro receivers, I don't.

The RL Gyro Rx's gyro function can be Disabled, if you don't want that feature, as with any brand Gyro/Rx out there.

Good to know. I was looking at the GT5. I have to admit that since the GT3b has sufficed for this long, I can probably live with the GT5 as well.. but yeah, the GT3b is only good for maybe 150'. Latency is quite bad too.
I love the display of the GT3b, and under $10 receivers, which is what's kept me from switching. I understand some like gyro receivers, I don't.
The Radiolink receivers can be purchased with or without gyros, and the ones with a gyro are disabled by default and can be enabled.

The RL Gyro Rx's gyro function can be Disabled, if you don't want that feature, as with any brand Gyro/Rx out there.
Good point. $20 a piece for receivers is reasonable of course, but I don't like paying for features I have no desire or need for. Same goes for the channels. Seems like all these companies are trying to one up each other by adding more and more channels to these things. I realize I'm the minority but, who needs 8 channels in a ground rc? TBH, I need 2. That's it.🤷‍♂️

Back