Grom Simple fan install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWSD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 4s
This is about as easy as it gets.

Arrma 25mm BLX100: https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/blx100-120-esc-fan/ARA390290.html

Use 3 X 16mm screws as the provided 2mm that come with the fan are a tad to small to tightly self thread into the heat sink.

Yes it’s not a perfect fit, but it’s secure with two screws, negates needing an extension jst cable, doesn’t hinder the body clip release, and does the job.

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

View attachment 337334

Looks great for a Mega setup. (y) (y) Will do the job.
Clean out your brushed motor and add a drop of synthetic oil to the 2 bushings. Use an Electrical Contact spray to flush it out clean. Then lube the Bushings. Will be like new again. When dirty and fouled out, there is a noticeable performance hit that you may notice. Do this regularly and the motor will also remain coolest. Brushed motors tend to foul out with worn brush dust. Normally. Bushings get dry as well. Contributing to heat.
When the brushes finally wear out, just replace the motor. They are inexpensive. And sealed can brushed motors are not serviceable. Rebuildable ones do exist FWIW. I can replace the brushes and they have true Ball bearings in them. What I run in my Crawlers.
Just a tip.
I prefer and run only brushed motors in all my Crawlers. Way better control and don't break the bank, cause I do run them in the wet stuff snow, mud and all. My BLX rigs I never run in the wet. I raced with Brushed motors back in the 1990's. When BLX motors did not exist. I still fancy that old technology.;)

Last edited:
looks good, i got a fan on order, is it's job to draw hot air out or blow cold air in?

looks good, i got a fan on order, is it's job to draw hot air out or blow cold air in?
Blows cooler air down across the heat sink and motor to allow for more efficient cooling by better displacing the hot air in and around the area.

Last edited:
Looks great for a Mega setup. (y) (y) Will do the job.
Clean out your brushed motor and add a drop of synthetic oil to the 2 bushings. Use an Electrical Contact spray to flush it out clean. Then lube the Bushings. Will be like new again. When dirty and fouled out, there is a noticeable performance hit that you may notice. Do this regularly and the motor will also remain coolest. Brushed motors tend to foul out with worn brush dust. Normally. Bushings get dry as well. Contributing to heat.
When the brushes finally wear out, just replace the motor. They are inexpensive. And sealed can brushed motors are not serviceable. Rebuildable ones do exist FWIW. I can replace the brushes and they have true Ball bearings in them. What I run in my Crawlers.
Just a tip.
I prefer and run only brushed motors in all my Crawlers. Way better control and don't break the bank, cause I do run them in the wet stuff snow, mud and all. My BLX rigs I never run in the wet. I raced with Brushed motors back in the 1990's. When BLX motors did not exist. I still fancy that old technology.;)

I still love me a good brushed setup for nostalgic reasons.
A good "vintage" brushed setup is leaps and bounds over the stuff available today.
Nothing compares to the hand wounds of the early 2k's right before brushless was a thing. There were some fast brushed setups.
Take unlimited novak esc's for example. You could run whatever turn motor on however many cells you could fit on board. Try and find a brushed esc capable of that today 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back