Since winter is coming, anyone into indoor mini crawlers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ebay brushless combo dramatically increases wheel speed but if you add any weight to it it wont crawl anything. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. If you do get it make sure to get the hot racing .5 mod as it's a nightmare trying to get the stock pinion to seat. I'm trying to get mine to walking speed and still retain its crawl ability. Its definately there with the walking speed with that brushless combo. Stock weight and the brushless system it seemed to crawl fine. After putting some brass knuckles it the lack of low torque seems to show.

Last edited:
Looking to replace stock servo in the mini z 4x4. Any suggestions. ? Don’t want to do a complete electronic switch over just a better 5 pin servo or some lessons on making a 3 pin servo work? thanks.

I think there is a video on youtube of someone converting a 5 to 3 wire. I also found a pen spring that has a much better spring rate for the scx24. Pentel energel bln75a. Just cut one end and shape it to fit the lower mount with some needle noses and desired spring rate and it works nicely. Especially for the 5 to 10 bucks it costs for the pens.

Got some more rocks gate markers and some nice sliders on shapeways from Mod19RC. Hoping Santa brings me the Jeep for Christmas. I have kinda been a good boy.

CB8A098C-EDA8-40F2-81A0-88508B0CDA83.jpeg

E91767CE-09CC-4B2B-93B5-B749827D69BF.jpeg

3231E8C4-5231-4C5C-92C0-3383F757C012.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back