Granite Slipper Clutch - Warning Signs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey All,

Good morning and TGIF! After a year away from the hobby, I've finally got the opportunity to dive back in. Last time I ran I had the slipper too tight and it blew up my rear drive shaft. Since then I've watched several videos online which show how to correctly set the slipper. I want to give the truck a couple quick rips up and down the street tonight, to make sure the slipper's set correctly.

Are there any signs I can watch for, which would indicate the slipper is too tight/too loose? What sort of sounds/vehicle behavior should I be on the watch for? Any input is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Welcome back!! I have not had any issues with my slippers (yet), so would love to know what to look/listen for. Great question. (y) 🍻 ✌️

The sound. You’ll get a high pitch squeal if it’s too loose. If it’s Set just right it will chirp briefly as it engages. Personally I like to run my cars a touch loose so there is a slight chirping squeal as it engages. This saves the drivetrain from grief.

I will hand tighten the slipper to where I first feel a bit of resistance… but I do not tighten it all the way because this tends to strip the inside of the rear hub. If I run it and it’s too loose I simply adjust on the fly a little bit at a time. I have a short 2mm driver that I use to adjust it without taking it out of the car. Super easy, all you have to do is remove the center driveshaft.

I simply hold a 2mm on the screw and roll it on carpet until the wheels stop and skid. I then give it 1/2 turn tighter as I prefer it on the tighter side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back