SLT3 vs DX3 transmitter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99% of Gyros pretty much work the same. Standalone ones or Rx imbedded, Using the same sensors.
You just cant re-orient the Rx later on, without another new "fresh" Rebind. The Bind process calibrates to its current orientation.

99% of Gyros pretty much work the same. Standalone ones or Rx imbedded, Using the same sensors.
You just cant re-orient the Rx later on, without another new "fresh" Rebind. The Bind process calibrates to its current orientation.
That makes sense. Come to think of it, I don’t recall rebinding after changing things around. I’m sure that explains it. 👍

I truly despise my TA Electrics, RTR radios and all. They are so outdated tech wise. XP120 always sucked. It is old crap at this point.
I think any Newbright toy radio is better.:giggle:

I truly despise my TA Electrics, RTR radios and all. They are so outdated tech wise. XP120 always sucked. It is old crap at this point.
I think any Newbright toy radio is better.:giggle:
XP120 is in a couple of my rigs and I find them “fine” but nowhere near on the same playing field as my Radiolinks, or even TRX radio systems. I prefer their gyro to the TRX gyros for sure though. I must say, for the old 2wd SCT’s I really did like the Reedy 3300kv brushless combos. I used to buy them from breakers for really cheap and use them to upgrade my TRX brushed rigs. They are a couple hundred kv’s less and run much cooler than the 3500kv Velineon systems and are just as fast when you go up a tooth or so on the pinion. I’ve never smoked one of their ESC’s or motors, and I’ve smoked one TRX ESC and two of their motors.
Getting back to the gyro discussion… This video comes from our own @Moonstonemike and is more about placement than orientation, but worth watching. He takes a bit of an analytical approach and has some good postulations. Food for thought. Check it out:

I know this thread has helped me decide even though I didn’t start it. I was about to throw a dx3 in the Jenny’s cart not realizing I can get a dumbo for the same price or the rc4gs for $20 more.
This forum is the best! I always get some helpful info!!

Last edited:
XP120 is in a couple of my rigs and I find them “fine” but nowhere near on the same playing field as my Radiolinks, or even TRX radio systems. I prefer their gyro to the TRX gyros for sure though. I must say, for the old 2wd SCT’s I really did like the Reedy 3300kv brushless combos. I used to buy them from breakers for really cheap and use them to upgrade my TRX brushed rigs. They are a couple hundred kv’s less and run much cooler than the 3500kv Velineon systems and are just as fast when you go up a tooth or so on the pinion. I’ve never smoked one of their ESC’s or motors, and I’ve smoked one TRX ESC and two of their motors.
Getting back to the gyro discussion… This video comes from our own @Moonstonemike and is more about placement than orientation, but worth watching. He takes a bit of an analytical approach and has some good postulations. Food for thought. Check it out:
Reedy Black Box line is stellar however.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back