Typhon Small wires severed from from ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma-noob

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi Everyone,

There are 2 sets of orange and black wires coming from the ESC on my Typhon 6s. I know that one powers the fan on the ESC, but the other one recently was severed during a run.

I took it to the local hobby shop and they cut the wires down (see blue arrows in pic, although hard to see) so that they wouldn't cross.

Q
IMG_8844.jpg
uestions:

1) What was this wire for? I think it could have been used to power a motor fan.
2) Should I do anything else (from a safety standpoint)?
3) If I wanted to power a motor fan, how else can this be done? I was told I can run a wire from the receiver to a motor fan?

Thanks Everyone,
Dave

1) What was this wire for? I think it could have been used to power a motor fan.
3) If I wanted to power a motor fan, how else can this be done? I was told I can run a wire from the receiver to a motor fan?
1) Correct
2) Nah
3) Correct

Just replace the fan. Problem solved. Look for a fan with aluminum case if possible. I think it’s a 35mm but I’m not 100%. Should cost you about $20 for a good replacement upgrade.

Simply use a JR Y-splitter to that ESC port if you wish to power both the ESC fan and a motor fan.
Thanks, Tex. Although it appears that the wires going to the ESC fan are hardwired into the ESC. Would I need to solder the Y-splitter to these wires?

Thanks, Tex. Although it appears that the wires going to the ESC fan are hardwired into the ESC. Would I need to solder the Y-splitter to these wires?

No sir!

That original connector(with the cut wires) is NOT hardwired in..

You should be able to pull that JR connector off** ,because those 3-pins socket doubles as the programming port where you can hookup a Programming Box to make

1690397677990.png

adjustments to your Spektrum Firma ESC.

Unless somebody superglued it down to prevent it from coming "loose"...

Which is Not a good idea.

Last edited:
No sir!

That original connector(with the cut wires) is NOT hardwired in..

You should be able to pull that JR connector off, because those 3-pins socket doubles as the programming port where you can hookup a Programming Box to make

View attachment 313579

adjustments to your Spektrum Firma ESC.

Unless somebody superglued it down to prevent it from coming "loose"...

Which is Not a good idea.
Hi Tex,

Thanks for replying. I understand the connector with the cut wires can be easily disconnected. But the end that goes to the ESC fan appears to be hardwired to the ESC? In other words, if I get a JR Y-splitter, I can plug it into the 3-pin connector, run one end to the motor fan, but then how do I run the other to the ESC fan? Sorry maybe something I'm missing.

Dave

Hi Tex,

Thanks for replying. I understand the connector with the cut wires can be easily disconnected. But the end that goes to the ESC fan appears to be hardwired to the ESC? In other words, if I get a JR Y-splitter, I can plug it into the 3-pin connector, run one end to the motor fan, but then how do I run the other to the ESC fan? Sorry maybe something I'm missing.

Dave

The new JR Y-splitter goes into the ESC port.
Then the original ESC fan goes to one of the two free connectors.. leaving you with the other one to a motor fan (of your choosing.)

Hi Everyone,

There are 2 sets of orange and black wires coming from the ESC on my Typhon 6s. I know that one powers the fan on the ESC, but the other one recently was severed during a run.

I took it to the local hobby shop and they cut the wires down (see blue arrows in pic, although hard to see) so that they wouldn't cross.

QView attachment 313551uestions:

Thanks Everyone

This is how it originally was.
small splitter plugs into the esc. one goes to fan on esc and other for a fan on the motor or whatever.

IMG_5727.JPG
IMG_5728.JPG

Thanks! Yes, that's how I remember it. Now I just need to figure out how to unplug it from the ESC fan
If you removed your ESC fan then the wires will come with it. They are not hardwired into the ESC, they just go into your fan and plug into the port that you can see. New wires with connector will come with your new fan. 😊
And just curious, how the heck did they get cut way down there under your motor wires?

If you removed your ESC fan then the wires will come with it. They are not hardwired into the ESC, they just go into your fan and plug into the port that you can see. New wires with connector will come with your new fan. 😊
And just curious, how the heck did they get cut way down there under your motor wires?
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the clear answer! To clarify, a staff member at my local hobby shop trimmed the wires way down so that the wires wouldn't touch. He trimmed off maybe an inch in length. But I don't know how it was initially cut - might have gotten ripped off when the connector got caught on something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back