Granite Snow conversion complete!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I am very excited, trying this out today after I run to the lhs for some driveshafts!!

Attachments

• 20191202_192508.jpg
    20191202_192508.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20191202_192344.jpg
    20191202_192344.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 116
That looks amazing, love it.

I must have this! Where did you get those from???
This is the V3 ski kit by T Bone Racing USA. Pretty sure I bought the last kit ever. They took the webpage down about them after my purchase. It's a pretty expensive accessory, hope it kind of works instead of just sitting on a shelf looking pretty lol

I wonder if you epoxy some rudder type pieces on the rear of the skis, if that would help at all with some steering!??

You can adjust them to lower the rudder. I did it about 6mm I'm guessing. Maybe I should do more.
I guess I'm thinking more in line of like a sailboat rudder. I know sailboat rudders size depends on the boat size, but my dad's old sunfish had a centerboard(rudder) that was like 3 1/2 ft long. I would probably try and set the rudder on the ski as far it will go, as the snow should be deep enough for it. Hopefully allows you some more steering upon your bashing.

I think you’re real issue is super good traction from the paddle tires. If you had tracks, they would slip some. Those paddles are not gonna spin at all. They are throwing snow pretty hard. Maybe try some normal off road tires on the back and see how much traction you lose.

I think you’re real issue is super good traction from the paddle tires. If you had tracks, they would slip some. Those paddles are not gonna spin at all. They are throwing snow pretty hard. Maybe try some normal off road tires on the back and see how much traction you lose.
Does anyone make tracks for this old 2wd mega???

Ah I see, I was wondering a bit about the snow amount you were running on. I feel though the more rudder that can hit the snow, should improve handling quite a bit.

Searching just Rc Car Wheel tracks brought up quite a few different brands of tracks. Looks like you'll just have to research if they can fit the hubs you have, the good ones look like they might be a bit expensive though.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...J4KHaQyASAQ4dUDCAs&uact=5&safe=active&ssui=on

Welcome from Michigan also! I’m in SW Michigan, where are you from?
Ah I see, I was wondering a bit about the snow amount you were running on. I feel though the more rudder that can hit the snow, should improve handling quite a bit.

Searching just Rc Car Wheel tracks brought up quite a few different brands of tracks. Looks like you'll just have to research if they can fit the hubs you have, the good ones look like they might be a bit expensive though.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...J4KHaQyASAQ4dUDCAs&uact=5&safe=active&ssui=on

I run tracks on one of my TRX-4s and love them. They weren't bad on price either for what you get.

I run tracks on one of my TRX-4s and love them. They weren't bad on price either for what you get.
Lol, I did know about those specifically, then thought, there has to be more of a selection on those!! :ROFLMAO:

I also wonder what would happen if a lil weight was put up front to try and counter the wheelies a bit more. That front end is probably so lightweight now, it may not even have the weight to dig the skis into the snow enough!?!

OP is also helping to remind me I need to look into some paddle tires for a couple of my rigs!!

I am very excited, trying this out today after I run to the lhs for some driveshafts!!
Gonna be awesome in some fresh powder. Please, please take some video!

Is it possible something is over tight and binding in the suspension or on the ski?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back