Kraton So first jump 1 minute in and this happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hopefully it's a fluke

20191129_081124.jpg

The whole arm snapped where the pin goes through

It was maybe 7feet ??
I haven't looked through the parts list now available that @bicketybam posted. Hopefully they have a new one available. Personally my experience with 1/5th scale you'll have at least double the purchase price in upgrades. $900 for the vehicle at least that much in upgrades if you run them hard.

I haven't looked through the parts list now available that @bicketybam posted. Hopefully they have a new one available. Personally my experience with 1/5th scale you'll have at least double the purchase price in upgrades. $900 for the vehicle at least that much in upgrades if you run them hard.
Yeah lucky horizon has the lowers on their way it was about 25 $ for 2 lowers

Hopefully it's a fluke
How cold is it where you are? Not making excuses for the broken part, but just wondering if cold came into play.

@10:15 or so you can see the hit my front arm took without breaking.

Any chance you can describe what exactly happened? All we know is that it happened in the first minute. But you can go flat out into a cement wall in the first minute of a run.

@10:15 or so you can see the hit my front arm took without breaking.

Any chance you can describe what exactly happened? All we know is that it happened in the first minute. But you can go flat out into a cement wall in the first minute of a run.
Yeah it didn't land perfectly but it wasn't like that kind of failed jump

Well at the end of the day only you know what happened. Based on your posts I'm assuming you feel it shouldn't have broken and if that's the case you should contact Horizon Hobby for warranty. I've opted not to try and claim warranty on the chassis because the damage was definitely my fault. I am going to ask for warranty on the rod ends though.

Well at the end of the day only you know what happened. Based on your posts I'm assuming you feel it shouldn't have broken and if that's the case you should contact Horizon Hobby for warranty. I've opted not to try and claim warranty on the chassis because the damage was definitely my fault. I am going to ask for warranty on the rod ends though.
No i was just sharing my experience with the 8s i thought it was a bit interesting. everything breaks eventually some things sooner than others.

No i was just sharing my experience with the 8s i thought it was a bit interesting. everything breaks eventually some things sooner than others.

The thing is you shared that it broke when you didn't land a jump perfectly. Without knowing what kind of hit it took it's hard to draw any conclusions from your story. Sorry it broke though, no matter how it happened.

It may have it was about 48 degrees f

Stock 8s electronics
48 deg F is not truly cold for plastics. IMO. Boil your next set of lower arms for 10min . Remove while fairly hot and drop in a container of WD40 overnight. They will flex like rubber bands and never crack again. At least Kev Talbot does that to his X-Max.:LOL:There is some truth in my jest.(y) A fluke with a bad moulding probably.

48 deg F is not truly cold for plastics. IMO. Boil your next set of lower arms for 10min . Remove while fairly hot and drop in a container of WD40 overnight. They will flex like rubber bands and never crack again. At least Kev Talbot does that to his X-Max.:LOL:There is some truth in my jest.(y) A fluke with a bad moulding probably.
Yeah ive heard that maybe i should give it a try thanks for the advise ?

25 pound truck? Flex in the arms? Hard pass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back