So how’s parts availability these days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey all!

I’ve been out of the bashing section of RC quite some while now. I’ve spent more time racing 1/8 buggies of some other brands on the local track the last couple of years so I haven’t got a clue on how Arrma and Traxxas are holding up these days.
Couple of my friends started to get into RC lately but mainly the bashing stuff. I noticed that both Traxxas and Arrma have come up with some awesome new cars but I’ve been quite hesistant.

I’ve owned quite a lot of Arrma cars in the past. The very first Kraton and Typhon 6s, an Outcast, Limitless and at last the Kraton 6s EXB when it first came out. That last one was a true beast until I broke an upper suspension arm and had to wait for nearly 6 months for that single part to get back in stock and shipped to me. That wait killed the Arrma brand for me (also due to bad experiences with parts availability in the past).
What mainly stopped me from buying Arrma related stuff is the fact that they had the audacity to come up with a new vehicle every month and had plenty of stock of these vehicles but a single part for that vehicle took a few weeks to months to get in stock. Mind you that this was a couple of years ago.
I’ve still got this Kraton EXB wandering about with a few broken parts but easily fixable.
So is parts availability consistent these days or is it the same shitshow like it used to be?
I want to fix the EXB and drive it hard again but don’t want end up breaking it and having to wait weeks or months to get a simple suspension arm.

I live in The Netherlands, Europe. There’s quite a lot of shops selling Arrma but ultimately they’re dependant on Arrma for parts ofcourse.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings.

Hey all!

I’ve been out of the bashing section of RC quite some while now. I’ve spent more time racing 1/8 buggies of some other brands on the local track the last couple of years so I haven’t got a clue on how Arrma and Traxxas are holding up these days.
Couple of my friends started to get into RC lately but mainly the bashing stuff. I noticed that both Traxxas and Arrma have come up with some awesome new cars but I’ve been quite hesistant.

I’ve owned quite a lot of Arrma cars in the past. The very first Kraton and Typhon 6s, an Outcast, Limitless and at last the Kraton 6s EXB when it first came out. That last one was a true beast until I broke an upper suspension arm and had to wait for nearly 6 months for that single part to get back in stock and shipped to me. That wait killed the Arrma brand for me (also due to bad experiences with parts availability in the past).
What mainly stopped me from buying Arrma related stuff is the fact that they had the audacity to come up with a new vehicle every month and had plenty of stock of these vehicles but a single part for that vehicle took a few weeks to months to get in stock. Mind you that this was a couple of years ago.
I’ve still got this Kraton EXB wandering about with a few broken parts but easily fixable.
So is parts availability consistent these days or is it the same shitshow like it used to be?
I want to fix the EXB and drive it hard again but don’t want end up breaking it and having to wait weeks or months to get a simple suspension arm.

I live in The Netherlands, Europe. There’s quite a lot of shops selling Arrma but ultimately they’re dependant on Arrma for parts ofcourse.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings.
Dang man too bad your not in the states!!💯 How does Google fair over there if you search kraton exb parts!?
I would say parts are an abundance atm.. but again I'm here and your there!! 🤔

Dang man too bad your not in the states!!💯 How does Google fair over there if you search kraton exb parts!?
I would say parts are an abundance atm.. but again I'm here and your there!! 🤔
Oh there’s no problem currently I think. As I said there’s plenty shops selling Arrma stuff. But back in the day this was also the case however it was like getting a lottery ticket trying to get some parts. Just wondering if Arrma’s actually consistent on their parts supply nowadays or if it’s still like a few years ago; not good.
I want to make sure pumping money into the EXB will be wasted or worth it. Don’t want to break it and find out I’ll be waiting anothere few weeks to drive it again.

Oh there’s no problem currently I think. As I said there’s plenty shops selling Arrma stuff. But back in the day this was also the case however it was like getting a lottery ticket trying to get some parts. Just wondering if Arrma’s actually consistent on their parts supply nowadays or if it’s still like a few years ago; not good.
I want to make sure pumping money into the EXB will be wasted or worth it. Don’t want to break it and find out I’ll be waiting anothere few weeks to drive it again.

Parts supply is still the same as it has always been. Parts still go on backorder for months at a time. New models don't have parts for months at a time ect. Hell it took them nearly a year to start stocking parts for the TLR Typhon.

The EXB 6s range has gone , fingers crossed they return one day

Parts supply is still the same as it has always been. Parts still go on backorder for months at a time. New models don't have parts for months at a time ect. Hell it took them nearly a year to start stocking parts for the TLR Typhon.
Seems like I’ll be leaving the EXB alone then. Maybe fix the few broken things and trade it in for a new Traxxas in the future.

Hey all!

Thanks in advance!
Greetings.
Your region where you live has always had issues I imagine?
Selecting a brand of RC always depends how well your global region gets parts support for the brand in question.
Here in the states, the 6s line parts are no issue for the most part. (y)
Kitbreakers fill in when none are available.
Try searching for parts in your region to see if Arrma parts are readily available, before you consider buying one. What I normally do.

Your region where you live has always had issues I imagine?
Selecting a brand of RC always depends how well your global region gets parts support for the brand in question.
Here in the states, the 6s line parts are no issue for the most part. (y)
Kitbreakers fill in when none are available.

True. This is one of the reasons brands like Team Magic or FTX aren't very popular in the states.

I believe you will see less and less parts available. Demand has dropped back closer to pre-covid levels. As a result you will see less held inventory across the board and less new releases from the main brands. That 2 year span of covid spiked demand and manufacturers flooded the makret with new products but could not get supply chain for parts. Once demand levels off parts availability should once again be predictable and supply should be adequate. Possibly 2024-25. My 2 cents.

Makes sense.
RC hobbies, among others did increase exponentially during Covid. That was an artificial and temporary increase and boost to the industry. Just the bubble already broke IMHO.
Because everyone is broke now. And so probably are many RC brands, including Arrma and other Sub brands of HH. They have lost much of their bottom line profit potential. Demand has petered out. Just simple economic trending.

Agree. They cannot just change supply chain on a dime. Inventory parts manufacturing is probably 9 months out at least coming out of China. They are using forecasts and market projections to determine order sizes. If they get in a pinch it's probably 2-3 months on lesser quanitiy supplemental orders. I'm sure the Bicycle manufacturers and many others are in the same boat. Very hard to hire and ramp up during an artifical demand spike and then layoff and shrink after. It will all even itself out over time.

Seems like I’ll be leaving the EXB alone then. Maybe fix the few broken things and trade it in for a new Traxxas in the future.
I have noticed a similar trend with a few other brands as well I still can only find the chassis for the Hpi Vorza S Flux truggy from one chop shop on eBay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back