Ever have one of those days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Took my XRT out and ran it, hit LVC, no problems. Decided to run the Machete… 5 minutes in, broke two shocks and it’s down, no idea why, didn’t even jump it. Decided to run the DBXLE, literally 45 seconds after powering it up, understeered into a cinder block and broke an A-arm, bent hinge pin, bent hinge pin brace, possibly bent shock, cracked the body. Took the batteries out of the DBXLE, put them in the XRT, 3 mins later, after jumping off a large hillside, truck barrel rolled, hit a rock on one tire, broke a toe link. I normally don’t break trucks that bad, and I broke 3 in 3 hours time. Almost got the Kraton out, but decided against it. Luck (and skill) just wasn’t on my side today.

Took my XRT out and ran it, hit LVC, no problems. Decided to run the Machete… 5 minutes in, broke two shocks and it’s down, no idea why, didn’t even jump it. Decided to run the DBXLE, literally 45 seconds after powering it up, understeered into a cinder block and broke an A-arm, bent hinge pin, bent hinge pin brace, possibly bent shock, cracked the body. Took the batteries out of the DBXLE, put them in the XRT, 3 mins later, after jumping off a large hillside, truck barrel rolled, hit a rock on one tire, broke a toe link. I normally don’t break trucks that bad, and I broke 3 in 3 hours time. Almost got the Kraton out, but decided against it. Luck (and skill) just wasn’t on my side today.

That's a serious
debbie downer GIF

That's a serious
debbie downer GIF
No doubt. But I ordered the parts for the Losi and it wasn’t that bad. I was surprised. $93 for hinge pin braces and a set of A-arms. I thought it’d be a lot more than that.

Why no photos? We all love photos. Don't be shy.

Yep! It happens! Been there 😆 😢

Mayhem What GIF by MOODMAN

Yep, I have those days. Not so much with rc but like.... everything else I touch. Literally like that insurance guy in the pic above.

I try to stay away from rc's that are consistently a problem for me. Like my vxl rustler. I cannot get half a pack out of that truck without a decent order from JRC to repair it. I shelfed it a year ago and have never been happier (and less broke).

Yea, I don’t usually have days like that unless I’m out bashing hard. I should have ran the Notorious. That’s my “bring it on” truck. But since I was just out playing around, I didn’t think it was necessary lol.

We all have days like that, especially in this hobby. I’ve had such notoriously bad luck with my DBXL-E it’s like a bad joke. None of it was ever the fault of the rig, just the result of a couple of poor decisions and the universe lining up against me. I think I’m something like 1 and 6 with it right now, resulting in enough unintended cash flow that I could have bought a new Arrma.
I’m envious of your $90.00 repair bill! 😂

I had my battery charger suddenly go on me. I've been in contact with HH and they asked me to mail (my only) charger out to them and they'd take a look at it. Being new to this hobby I've still been running my RC daily up until now, I got impatient so I actually went out and got another "cheap" charger till I'd get mine back (it takes TWO hours to fully charge!). HH determined that they couldn't see any signs of misuse or abuse with my charger and no longer had parts to replace the now discontinued model and said they send me a new one.

This would have worked out for me as I was set to receive the new charger on Monday, the day I start my two weeks of holidays. All I had planned for my two weeks was getting in some more RC time. Battery charger arrives on time, I'm charged duty for the replacement of something I bought locally.

Oh and by the way, Saturday night my ESC went, so I got my charger back, I'm on holidays and I have an RC doesn't run.

I went to visit friends that were camping and took my lx comp 2e buggy to show them. Got it out and ran ir around. Told my one friend I just fixed a problem I had with the esc or so I thought. It suddenly stopped and then went into full reverse, right thru the side of someone's tent leaving a big hole. I left a note and the next day they called and luckily they were understanding. I bought them a new tent and all was good. The guy even thought my buggy was really cool. It ended up the failsafe built into the 2.4Ghz receiver caused it to go into full reverse when it was supposed to just hit the brakes. I put a different receiver in it and it works fine now.

9535~2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

its worse when you spend hundreds on a new rc then you go out bashing with one of your other rcs and an esc go's up or a motor or even a tyre :mad: I don't like to leave my rcs broke either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back