So im converting my savage over to electric

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
I know it isn't an arrma but for yall that converted your hpi savages to electric what power system did yall use. I heard some people say 6s is to much so should I use like a 4s system or something? Thanks!

I know it isn't an arrma but for yall that converted your hpi savages to electric what power system did yall use. I heard some people say 6s is to much so should I use like a 4s system or something? Thanks!

4S is good, 6S would require some upgrades (diffs, steel spur).

😮 why would you mutilate that truck and take its manhood and dignity away? That would be like cutting off your own ball bag…

My buddy did this he used the mmx6s(max 6S) with the 1512(max 4S) Castle motor. I ran the same setup in a kraton for my son last year I took it out and replaced it with. Max 8 combo

4S is good, 6S would require some upgrades (diffs, steel spur).
Thanks. Btw I love you yt channel
😮 why would you mutilate that truck and take its manhood and dignity away? That would be like cutting off your own ball bag…
Yea I bought it thinking I'll like nitro but it turns out I hate it. So electric conversion for me.

It's funny, I've been looking into converting my savage just this last week.

Thinking of going 4s. Plenty for a truck of this vintage. Electric is a lot more torque than nitro.

Found a flux conversion gear for the transmission for reverse and brakes to work. and battery boxes for the sides.

The few motor mounts I found seem to be for smaller 540 motors... thinking of adapting the EXB mount instead for proper 1/8th scale motors

Im really close to pulling the trigger on it 😉

It's funny, I've been looking into converting my savage just this last week.

Thinking of going 4s. Plenty for a truck of this vintage. Electric is a lot more torque than nitro.

Found a flux conversion gear for the transmission for reverse and brakes to work. and battery boxes for the sides.

The few motor mounts I found seem to be for smaller 540 motors... thinking of adapting the EXB mount instead for proper 1/8th scale motors

Im really close to pulling the trigger on it 😉
What gear did you find? I can't find one anywhere.

Look at a center diff. Incredible how much difference it makes. Might make things simple. Motor mount and center diff mount in one.

Just for sh!ts n giggles because no one wants to giggle n sh!t, what didn’t you like about nitro? Tuning or tuning?

Just for sh!ts n giggles because no one wants to giggle n sh!t, what didn’t you like about nitro? Tuning or tuning?
It was getting expensive. Buying 10 dollar glow plugs all the time got expensive, also just getting it started was a battle as well. I was lucky to get thru 4 tanks without something needing replaced, wich dosent go down good for a savage cause they are a bit hard to work on.

I want to do that to my S Maxx. But it's only 2wd. Anybody convert a T Maxx? S Maxx is the 2wd version.

Thanks. Btw I love you yt channel

Yea I bought it thinking I'll like nitro but it turns out I hate it. So electric conversion for me.
Yeah Nitro can be a bear. Fuel and Glow plugs are so $$$. Tuning them for a few minutes and warming them up etc. The smell. Fuel stains your clothes.:giggle: The smoke burns your eyes..... My clothes smell of nitro for days. Stinks up my basement.
With BLX electrics, as of late, we all became spoiled. Immediate satisfaction. Way faster than Nitro.
Just that once you had a nitro rig, there is something unique about the feel of the brakes and acceleration. A bit more Control IMHO. And yu can keep driving as long as you have much fuel to keep topping off the tank. It never stops running if tuned correctly. You can bash for an hour+ and more.

Last edited:
I want to do that to my S Maxx. But it's only 2wd. Anybody convert a T Maxx? S Maxx is the 2wd version.
All sorts of companies make conversion kits specifically for the Tmaxx.

IME, O.S. plugs with some good fuel (10-12% oil) will last a long time. Traxxas plugs and fuel is the worst IMO.

Yeah Nitro can be a bear. Fuel and Glow plugs are so $$$. Tuning them for a few minutes and warming them up etc. The smell. Fuel stains your clothes.:giggle: The smoke burns your eyes..... My clothes smell of nitro for days. Stinks up my basement.
With BLX electrics, as of late, we all became spoiled. Immediate satisfaction. Way faster than Nitro.
Just that once you had a nitro rig, there is something unique about the feel of the brakes and acceleration. A bit more Control IMHO. And yu can keep driving as long as you have much fuel to keep topping off the tank. It never stops running if tuned correctly. You can bash for an hour+ and more.
Yea If i did ever get me a nitro again it would be one of the traxxas ones. In my opinion traxxas kinda fixes all the issues with nitro. More of less put fuel in it put the starting wand In it then your good to go. So simple

Yea If i did ever get me a nitro again it would be one of the traxxas ones. In my opinion traxxas kinda fixes all the issues with nitro. More of less put fuel in it put the starting wand In it then your good to go. So simple
Not that simple. We are talking about traxxsucks nitro engines after all.

You should have dropped an OS.30VG in your truck. Everyone knows that tuning is the main reason people leave Nitro. Set the tune and go play with that block!

Not that simple. We are talking about traxxsucks nitro engines after all.

You should have dropped an OS.30VG in your truck. Everyone knows that tuning is the main reason people leave Nitro. Set the tune and go play with that block!
The savage 4.6 motor has been reliable for me but yes, if I were to keep it nitro then you'll really just need one of the Italian motors for like $700.

I'm considering converting it to brushless to avoid the 'good motor tax"

Maybe I can find a decent used Picco or novarossi and rebuild it with new piston, sleeve, plus and maybe a carb $$$

Rather just go electric at this point honestly lol

The savage 4.6 motor has been reliable for me but yes, if I were to keep it nitro then you'll really just need one of the Italian motors for like $700.

I'm considering converting it to brushless to avoid the 'good motor tax"

Maybe I can find a decent used Picco or novarossi and rebuild it with new piston, sleeve, plus and maybe a carb $$$

Rather just go electric at this point honestly lol
OOOOhhhh you’re really revin my engine now! You keep talking cute nitro like that and I’m gunna have to build me a new one! 😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back