SOLVED 3s blx motor won't go into the rear diff gear no matter what.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I even pulled the whole lot out to test (originally thought it was debris) and they still won't slide in together
16809730420428140927258283673209.jpg
IMG_20230408_175230.jpg

16809730710616285745097819759209.jpg

I think that input gear changed length from V1 to V2 of those cars. Is it possible you installed an older input gear?
Perhaps, the diff case that I'm using is a custom one I bought from eBay, maybe it was made for the older version of the big rock?

The first pic it appear's on the bottom right the plastic portion apear's to be deformed file it smooth make sure it's all smooth. Also check aluminum hub for burr's and just keep trying i always have trouble with mine it's just a tight fit.

Are you saying it won't go on it at all, if you look down in the slipper hub.. is it all jacked up, it's hard to tell in the pic but it does look twisted a bit!!
Might have a crack in the inner portion of the slipper hub!? 🤔

Are you saying it won't go on it at all, if you look down in the slipper hub.. is it all jacked up, it's hard to tell in the pic but it does look twisted a bit!!
Might have a crack in the inner portion of the slipper hub!? 🤔
Turns out it had nothing to do with the other parts, the aftermarket input gear is far too long. Surprised I didn't see it earlier

IMG_20230408_183916.jpg

IMG_20230408_184053.jpg

I am not of fan of the shorter input on the V3, looks like your slipper hex is about done (hex edges are worn down).

You have two options, grind down the new input to fit, or ditch the plastic slipper insert inside that assembly. That plastic nut helps keep the slipper screw in place, you will have to use loctite without it and shorten the screw (unless your new input gear has a hole in the center).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back