No power to 1 rear wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello Im currently having a problem when I do 100% throttle and all of sudden break only my rear left wheel still keeps on spinning while the rest of the 3 are completely stop. Does anyone has an idea what can be causing that? I have a full Hot Racing rear differential I have it open at the moment and all the gears seem fine.... I don't know what it could be and I really don't know what to look out for. I'm deciding on buying a rear metal gear from jennysrc but I don't know yet. Hopefully y'all can help me out. TIA :)

IMG_6347 2.PNG
IMG_6346.jpg

Are all the teeth on the satellite/sun gears intact?

If it were a diff issue it would affect your right wheel too. I would check your left driveshaft and the cross pin that holds your wheel hex in place.

If it were a diff issue it would affect your right wheel too. I would check your left driveshaft and the cross pin that holds your wheel hex in place.
Sorry what do you mean by cross pin? Is it that composite driveshaft that connects to the output gear?

In a 6S diff ... Sheared pin behind the sun gear on affected side

Are all the teeth on the satellite/sun gears intact?
They all seem intact when I opened it and it would turn smooth when everything was closed off.

Sorry what do you mean by cross pin? Is it that composite driveshaft that connects to the output gear?

They all seem intact when I opened it and it would turn smooth when everything was closed off.
A sheared pin behind a sun gear would rotate normally & feel as if w/o problem. Tho without the attachment created by the pin to the sun gear, no power transfer would happen to the axle on affected side. You need to actually TAKE THE DIFF COMPLETELY APART and visually check it.

A sheared pin behind a sun gear would rotate normally & feel as if w/o problem. Tho without the attachment created by the pin to the sun gear, no power transfer would happen to the axle on affected side. You need to actually TAKE THE DIFF COMPLETELY APART and visually check it.
I just assembled everything back together and I did the 100% throttle and stop it and it seems to work now. No idea what could of caused that one rear wheel to keep on spinning on its own once It came to breaking the car.

Likely to happen again .. as my guess being part of broken pin just shifted slightly and is barely making the connection.
Time will tell that tale :oops: :oops:
I have no clue what could of happen I inspected everything, but I guess time will tell if it starts to act up.

Back