Outcast Some questions after repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
So as I previously posted about bent parts, my son did a good job hitting a street sign and bouncing off a metal mailbox. I fixed everything and we drove today. The thing drove for about an hour and its working, but definitely louder than it was. We took it to a local track and I couldn't get the body on. I had to bend the front mounts forward a bit to get the body to attach.

1st question, is the frame on the bottom supposed to be completely flat or does it bend up in the front? If its supposed to be completely flat, any ideas on how to straighten it? Preferably without taking the entire car apart.

2nd question, the back suspension which we did nothing with is now squeaking real bad, I can't really tell if its from the shocks or the aarms, but its squeaking when ever it moves. Anyone else had this?

I'e Got mine completely torn apart right now so here is some pics hope they help no bend in the front of mine

Attachments

• 20180219_075203.jpg
    20180219_075203.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180219_075156.jpg
    20180219_075156.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180219_075214.jpg
    20180219_075214.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 69
I see the front lip does seem to bend up a bit. Not sure if mine is bent like that or more.

Ya it has a slight up curve. If you take the front end off leaving the back 2 screws might be able to pry down on it and try to straighten it if it' bad.

And for the squeak in the hinge pins try spraying some white lithium grease on the pins before u instal them. If that doesn' solve it I'd look into rebuilding the shocks. The v2s have 4mm shock shafts instead of 3mm in case you didn' already know that.

I haven't got into the back yet, not sure what the squeak is. I"m assuming probably the pins. As for the frame. I just don't know if its bent or not. Maybe just getting a chassis brace would be the solution. If it is bent the chassis brace will force it back.

Can someone give me the dimensions between shocktower to shock tower so I can see if my frame is bent?

Tower to tower is 338.12 mm which I think is just over 13.250 Inches didn' do the conversion to Inches that from the outside of the front tower to the inside of the rear tower so take that and add the thickness off the tower and should give u an exact overall

Mine is 13 inches from inside of one to basically middle of other so it seems I'm quarter inch short.

Ya I'm gonna say it' bent in roughly .250". Best bet if your not ordering a new 1 right away take the old 1 off put it on a anvil and hammer it straight

It seems like easier solution is just to put a tower to tower chassis brace to straighten it out. Are there any templates or anything? Otherwise I guess we just run like this right now, I don't have the tools to straighten this or the money to buy a new chassis right now.

I can't see the attachment points. Where do you get rod like that and how did you thread it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back