Outcast Sorry Noob Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
87499AE7-727C-4A4A-8B65-CC5BBA02DA27.jpeg
D12EC697-7F86-428C-AC13-0A5556E76FBD.png
I have tried to email them and so has my hobby shop that ordered it and still havnt got a response I just went thro my spam mail and I have nothing

So I got this from TBone the other day seems like things should be better from now on...

Yeah, got a little anxious on the second day of ownership to run it on 6s. All I had at the time was 2 traxxas 3s 5000mah 25c, was the funnest ten minutes I had had in a while.........lmao. Lesson learned, don't run cheap poop in a good rc......lol

Ya when it comes to batteries you don' wanna cheap out, especially after you spend 500 on a car couple extra bucks would have saved you alot more money. What all got damaged?

Ya when it comes to batteries you don' wanna cheap out, especially after you spend 500 on a car couple extra bucks would have saved you alot more money. What all got damaged?
Roll cage, center diff cover, battery tray, receiver box, side guard, 2 traxxas 3s 5000mah batteries and body all got trashed. Got lucky and got everything I needed plus a few extra pieces, except a body, off fleabay from a chop shop shipped to me for $14. Put a different body and wheels on it to make it more fun, now looks like this.
20170629_193434.jpg

Completely agree 50c discharge or higher unless your trying 2 get that custom paint job as Chevys would call it lol.

A lower C rating did that? I just ordered a new battery and didn't even check that........ so if it's a single 4s or twin 3s batteries, I need a C rating of 50 or higher for my Outcast?

I'm pretty sure C rating is dependent on battery size too so keep that in mind. A 50C 3400 MAH battery does not have the same charge/discharge capabilities as a 50C 5200 MAH battery.

I'm pretty sure C rating is dependent on battery size too so keep that in mind. A 50C 3400 MAH battery does not have the same charge/discharge capabilities as a 50C 5200 MAH battery.
I believe this is incorrect but I may be wrong again. The mah has nothing to do with the charge/discharge, the mah is the storage which in turn is capacity, how much energy the battery can store. You can have batteries with high/low storage with higher/lower discharge rates. A 3000 mah can have the same discharge as a 5400 mah.

A lower C rating did that? I just ordered a new battery and didn't even check that........ so if it's a single 4s or twin 3s batteries, I need a C rating of 50 or higher for my Outcast?
Yep, running to low of a "c" rating will over work the battery causing damage. Doesn't matter what battery you run, one 4s, one 6s or 2 x 3s or 2 x 2s, with the stock electronics it calls for a 35c rating minimum. Higher c ratings are able to deliver more amperage, this why most people here go with a 50c or higher like myself.

I believe this is incorrect but I may be wrong again. The mah has nothing to do with the charge/discharge, the mah is the storage which in turn is capacity, how much energy the battery can store. You can have batteries with high/low storage with higher/lower discharge rates. A 3000 mah can have the same discharge as a 5400 mah.

Yes it can but then the C rating would be different. See below.

C rating x capacity = amp output. So a 5000mah 35c = 5a x 35c = 175A. So Arrma is basically recommending a 175A battery output. That being said I run 5000mah 30C with no issues.

They state 35C at 5000 MAH, but I would check with Arrma directly for 4s batteries (and please let us know their response). Since 4s won't be as fast as 6s, it's possible the requirements may be different but I may be full of something.

They state 35C at 5000 MAH, but I would check with Arrma directly for 4s batteries (and please let us know their response). Since 4s won't be as fast as 6s, it's possible the requirements may be different but I may be full of something.

50c is the lowest whether its 3s, 4s, or 6s. They said the motor draws the same no matter what the battery cell count.

But in your information it says what is recommended View attachment 17077

Not to say 30c won't work but the recommedation is right there

I bought my Outcast second hand with no manual. Thank you for posting the photo. It's nice to see it in writing. I called them and for some reason they said no less than 50c whether it's 3s,4s, or 6s. People on the phone must not have the manual. Haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back