Spaz Stix Solid Purple

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Does anyone have a good picture of what the Spax Stix solid purple (12809) looks when applied to a body? In the sun would be great. I've got a 70 Challenger project in the works and would rather avoid a metallic, since factory paint in the 70s would be just a single-stage non-metallic paint. I'm looking to get close(ish) to Plum Crazy Purple, though I realize my options will be limited for a poly body.

Being a diehard Mopar guy from the past, you want a Very Dark Purple. ( Plum Crazy) Familiar with that color. I believe Jeep actually reintroduced this color briefly about 5 years ago also. Challenger also. It was popular and mostly found with the early '70's 'Cuda's.
May be hard to find an Polycarb paint like this that is a metallic. I don't know for sure what you found so far.
But if you are careful enough and do a few test sprays, Spraying a VERY light mist of Silver sprayed from very far to the body, before laying the Purple, then backing the purple with a Black backer may give you what you are looking for. A deep Purple metallic effect.
What I would do. Test on scrap first.
Good luck. Let us see it when done.
:cool:

Being a diehard Mopar guy from the past, you want a Very Dark Purple. ( Plum Crazy) Familiar with that color. I believe Jeep actually reintroduced this color briefly about 5 years ago also. Challenger also. It was popular and mostly found with the early '70's 'Cuda's.
May be hard to find an Polycarb paint like this that is a metallic. I don't know for sure what you found so far.
But if you are careful enough and do a few test sprays, Spraying a VERY light mist of Silver sprayed from very far to the body, before laying the Purple, then backing the purple with a Black backer may give you what you are looking for. A deep Purple metallic effect.
What I would do. Test on scrap first.
Good luck. Let us see it when done.
:cool:
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually wanting a non-metallic paint. There are several options in metallics, but fewer in non-metallics. I don't expect an exact match to a factory Mopar color, but I don't want a bright purple either. Does a dark backer still have a darkening effect on a solid color (non-metallic) paint?

Yes Black backer always deepens the color in most cases. Especially a specific black backer that is called a Backer Coat for that purpose. (Spaz Stix # 10209) What I have here.. Sure, skip the metallic is you so choose.
Careful to not get a very Translucent or Candy purple. Not what you are looking for. If you can help it.
I have Blue Violet here. Tamiya PS-35. It actually looks to be on the purple side of color. (Non metallic) Back it with backer Black.
I will be using it on my PL Axis body if I could only find a nice warm day.

Edited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back