Outcast Spectrum Programmer V2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I am trying to get my punch up to 9 but when I plug my program box into the ESC it says
“ PLEASE UPDATE SOFTWARE “ Is there another program box for the V2 ESC on the 8s EXB RTR trucks?

Need the update? And having an issue updating...
Need to update the ESC and/or Program box....how I see it. With your PC. That New V2 160 ESC is rather new. The F/W has been significantly changed with the V2's. V2's have 2 more Line Items and more Value Selection changes for most of them.
Spektrum always rushes their new ESC's out the door, with little if any testing IMHO. A pattern with Spektrum.
They just throw crap against the wall to see if it will stick.
Call HH/Spektrum and ask.
Only my opinion.....

Last edited:
Need the update? And having an issue updating...
Need to update the ESC and/or Program box....how I see it. With your PC. That New V2 160 ESC is rather new. The F/W has been significantly changed with the V2's. V2's have 2 more Line Items and more Value Selection changes for most of them.
Spektrum always rushes their new ESC's out the door, with little if any testing IMHO. A pattern with Spektrum.
They just throw crap against the wall to see if it will stick.
Call HH/Spektrum and ask.
Only my opinion.....
I tried calling but got a recording that hangs up on me. I guess I can do it manually but I ain’t got the patience or knowledge to do that. It definitely needs the punch up. I can feel the pause or lack of full power. I really like for me to throttle control not the ESC IYKWIM OMHO . I ran it hard trying to get temps. The motor got to 170 and the ESC only got to 121. I check the top of the cap packs. I don’t know if that is the most accurate 🤷. I’m going to test a 26 tooth pinion and check again.

Once you do get into the ESC settings, make sure the Motor timing is down to zero ( or lowest setting). It doesn't do much at all except heat the motor up for the worse. Then check your temps with a temp gun. At the ESC's Heatsink as well as the motor. A fan solution is always a given.
Need to go to HH's site and get your HH warranty going by using the Live Chat.
Since Covid, there is no phone contact, to do this anymore. All done by email, forwarding the receipt etc., along with the problem and the parts or questions you have. They might have to send you a new Prog Box and/or V2 ESC if you are stuck ?? IDK.
I would research more on the Prog box and Updating the F/W of the ESC and Prog Box, in regards. The manuals.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back