Difference between v1&v2 Firma 160?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I got a bad set of batteries. My brother came out today, we raced our O8S and K8S up and down the driveway and around the yard. My K8S was falling flat on it's face after just a couple full throttle pulls. Hitting lvc at times just going flat, like half power others.. huh, these are 1 month old Zeee 7200 120c. I put a set of Spektrum 5000 100c in, bam!! Hauls ass on those batteries, no power loss either. I sent Zeee an email, see what they have to offer. I've had good luck with their batteries in the past. But yeah, the v1 160 Firma, 5687 Firma, on 26t pinion has plenty of speed and power with decent batteries!! About dead even with the O8S on Max6/1100, 27t pinion.😁👍🍻
Good to know those Spektrum batteries aren't completely all hype. I've had similar performance issues with Geeens Ace in my V1. Turns out one of the cells in Geeens Ace was on the way out.

You never know with batteries until you try, for example the Traxxas 3s 5000 batteries they recommended for the Xmaxx 6s could not handle it and puffed. Even their 3s 6400 batteries had a really hard time with the Xmaxx 6s.

I have not tried the 4s 6700 batteries.

Gen Ace bashing batteries works great for me.

Last edited:
Good to know those Spektrum batteries aren't completely all hype. I've had similar performance issues with Geeens Ace in my V1. Turns out one of the cells in Geeens Ace was on the way out.
Agreed. I've been critical of the Spektrum batteries in the past. More for the cost than lack of performance. Obviously 5000mah is really too small for these trucks but, I have to admit, they power mine just fine, a bit short on run time, not surprisingly.

Opened the front diff today..empty!! Shocker!🤣🤣 The front had zero resistance to it, rear has some. I filled the front with 100k. They hold quit a bit of fluid. Eventually I'll get to the center and rear..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back