Kraton K8 V2-1, Xmaxx-0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I took Big Chungus (my Xmaxx) and the K8 V2 out for a hard bash. Just kinda wanting to see how they compare since the K8 made absolute mince meat out of my XRT. Chungus is heavily upgraded, and running a Max6 1100kv. The K8 has an upgraded steering servo, and that’s it.

It’s a pretty fair matchup performance-wise, the Xmaxx being considerably lighter, but I came off a jump wrong and broke a knuckle on Chungus. 🤦🏼

Totally driver error, so I’m not even mad. But….
Driving the K8, I came down from about 10’, right into a concrete pole, directly on the left front tire, about a foot off the ground. I fully expected carnage. There was none. The only damage was a tire mark on the pole. I’m beside myself. How?? This is a very heavy truck, high rate of speed, concentrated on one tire. No damage. After that I got really bold and really gave it a flogging. I checked it over when I got home. Nothing! This truck is an animal!!
IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1191.jpeg

Good to hear!!

I just got my O8 upgraded = 3drc bump support) 😁
Looking forward to seeing how durable it is very soon!!!

View attachment 332120
Man, I don’t know what is different about these V2s over the V1s, but all I know is that my old K8 V1 broke if you looked at it wrong, and this V2 has taken several knocks that I would think would destroy it, but it comes out unscathed. Maybe they’re using a different plastic? I’m not complaining.

Good stuff👍 I'm on the fence..K8 v2 or XRT? I mainly keep them on the ground, so really looking for the better handling rig. I know the Arrma v2 is faster, but also much heavier. What I've noticed about the XRT is it pushes alot in the turns. Also stuck with the crappy servo design. But then, the XRT will provide way longer run times on equal batteries..less tire destruction too.. what do y'all think? Price is too close to matter. I have an Xmaxx, love it. Bro has an O8S exb , love that too but, it also pushes pretty significantly in the turns..then wheelies every time you give it a full pull.. which is why I'm more interested in the K8.

Good stuff👍 I'm on the fence..K8 v2 or XRT? I mainly keep them on the ground, so really looking for the better handling rig. I know the Arrma v2 is faster, but also much heavier. What I've noticed about the XRT is it pushes alot in the turns. Also stuck with the crappy servo design. But then, the XRT will provide way longer run times on equal batteries..less tire destruction too.. what do y'all think? Price is too close to matter. I have an Xmaxx, love it. Bro has an O8S exb , love that too but, it also pushes pretty significantly in the turns..then wheelies every time you give it a full pull.. which is why I'm more interested in the K8.
I own both, and the K8 is heads and shoulders above the XRT. But that’s my opinion. The handling is better for my driving style, the power is incredible, it is more reliable, and it is the most addictive rig to drive that I own.

I own both, and the K8 is heads and shoulders above the XRT. But that’s my opinion. The handling is better for my driving style, the power is incredible, it is more reliable, and it is the most addictive rig to drive that I own.
Very convincing indeed! I'm definitely digging everything Arrma has done on the V2's. They really nailed it from what I've seen. My use is definitely not the same as most here. Like I said, it'll spend most of its time ripping around a track. Float like a feather, or hit like a hammer, that's really how I see the two. My Xmaxx is nearly 2 years old now and all I've done is broke a center driveshaft/rear diff input coupler, outdrive cups(wore out) and bearings.. so I'm definitely low impact, LOL.
I'd say my biggest hangups on the Arrma are the need for big batteries(run time) and tire concerns, my bro cut a BF 8s tire on his second run. There's a whole lotta force being exerted on those sidewalls.
I've ordered an O8S roller from Amain back in September..already purchased the Firma v2 combo from a v2 8s rtr, 65kg servo.. starting to lose hope they're coming..I laughed at your impatient comment about the radio in "what did you buy today?" Thread cuz, I'm right there with ya!!🤣

Very convincing indeed! I'm definitely digging everything Arrma has done on the V2's. They really nailed it from what I've seen. My use is definitely not the same as most here. Like I said, it'll spend most of its time ripping around a track. Float like a feather, or hit like a hammer, that's really how I see the two. My Xmaxx is nearly 2 years old now and all I've done is broke a center driveshaft/rear diff input coupler, outdrive cups(wore out) and bearings.. so I'm definitely low impact, LOL.
I'd say my biggest hangups on the Arrma are the need for big batteries(run time) and tire concerns, my bro cut a BF 8s tire on his second run. There's a whole lotta force being exerted on those sidewalls.
I've ordered an O8S roller from Amain back in September..already purchased the Firma v2 combo from a v2 8s rtr, 65kg servo.. starting to lose hope they're coming..I laughed at your impatient comment about the radio in "what did you buy today?" Thread cuz, I'm right there with ya!!🤣
So far I’ve been lucky as far as tires go. Still rocking the factory copperheads. And I run this thing pretty hard. Run time does suck, but that time it is running is intense lol.

Been checking out videos on the XRT. @razorrc and Mark Santa Maria both did some track time with it. Look's like on loose terrain the steering is okay, but MSM ran it on tacky clay and had alot of understeer..not sure how much adjustability the XRT has in it. Or the K8S for that matter. They're bashers I know but, trying to figure which would really work better for track duties. I figure the XRT is more limited with tire choices since they require such a large inner wheel diameter to clear suspension. Somehow a widened XRT doesn't sound good to me..more understeer is likely.

Been checking out videos on the XRT. @razorrc and Mark Santa Maria both did some track time with it. Look's like on loose terrain the steering is okay, but MSM ran it on tacky clay and had alot of understeer..not sure how much adjustability the XRT has in it. Or the K8S for that matter. They're bashers I know but, trying to figure which would really work better for track duties. I figure the XRT is more limited with tire choices since they require such a large inner wheel diameter to clear suspension. Somehow a widened XRT doesn't sound good to me..more understeer is likely.

I think if the XRT had some decent tires, it would be fine. That's most of the problem with the handling.

I think if the XRT had some decent tires, it would be fine. That's most of the problem with the handling.
Yes, and options are quite slim. I mean sure, there's quite a few options in 8" and up OD but for track duties, not much. Shame Horizon dropped the DTX 1/5 SC line. Proline and Jconcepts as well. Although they had a small ID wheel which doesn't play well with TRX 8s trucks.

Man, I don’t know what is different about these V2s over the V1s, but all I know is that my old K8 V1 broke if you looked at it wrong, and this V2 has taken several knocks that I would think would destroy it, but it comes out unscathed. Maybe they’re using a different plastic? I’m not complaining.
I have nosed mine into the ground from 10ft up a few times and thought its got to be broke and nothing apart from one of my lipos came out put straps length ways now to stop that. don't think I am going to run it in winter don't want to get it dirty :)

What?!
I have nosed mine into the ground from 10ft up a few times and thought its got to be broke and nothing apart from one of my lipos came out put straps length ways now to stop that. don't think I am going to run it in winter don't want to get it dirty :)
Don't wanna get it dirty? You saving it for resale value or something?😉 JK bro. I get it, I just can't resist,LOL. I buy them to play, whatever that ends up being..mud, sand, water, snow.. to each their own of course.🍻 With regards to an 8s Arrma, if I do end up with one, it won't see snow or water.. I have the Xmaxx for that!!😜

What?!

Don't wanna get it dirty? You saving it for resale value or something?😉 JK bro. I get it, I just can't resist,LOL. I buy them to play, whatever that ends up being..mud, sand, water, snow.. to each their own of course.🍻 With regards to an 8s Arrma, if I do end up with one, it won't see snow or water.. I have the Xmaxx for that!!😜
I run my 6s cars in winter its a nightmare though 😐 think with the 8s kraton its too big to clean all the mud and crap off and lets be honest mud and water makes a right mess also don't want to ruin the tyres and inserts there a bit too expensive. don't think I could sell it it would break my heart :)

I run my 6s cars in winter its a nightmare though 😐 think with the 8s kraton its too big to clean all the mud and crap off and lets be honest mud and water makes a right mess also don't want to ruin the tyres and inserts there a bit too expensive. don't think I could sell it it would break my heart :)
Oh, you clean them?🤔
HaHa! That's why mine weigh so much?🤣🤣
I seal the wheels with tape. If the tires are vented outside, not much can be done. Ideally, I try to seal them though. Foams definitely don't respond well to dirt and water,LOL.

Oh, you clean them?🤔
HaHa! That's why mine weigh so much?🤣🤣
I seal the wheels with tape. If the tires are vented outside, not much can be done. Ideally, I try to seal them though. Foams definitely don't respond well to dirt and water,LOL.
I have to clean em can not stand to see em covered in mud. well just get the big bits off :)

I have to clean em can not stand to see em covered in mud. well just get the big bits off :)
Yeah, I do. I just like to get a rise outta peeps, in case ya haven't noticed😉 I don't go crazy cleaning, but I use a brush and compressed air to knock most of the mud and debris off. Never water though. Every winter they get all nice and clean from the snow, then comes spring, all caked w/mud again. Such a beautiful cyle of life!!🤣🤣

@Xjeepguy I'm sorry bro, this thing went way way off course thanks to yours truly.😔
One more thing and I'll try and shut up.
I had a chat with Arrma-RC today about my backordered O8S roller, Jake says they're finito..gone, discontinued..yada yada..
So, I cancelled my b/o with Amain.
Then found this at King Cobra Hobby and promptly gave them my credit info..😁

Screenshot_20231117-130327_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back