Outcast Outcast 8S V1 vs V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
I have the “OG” Outcast 8S with the red body, went to my LHS and they have a huge sale on the V2. Has a few noticeable differences (bigger tires, turnbuckles, motor, etc.) Is it really worth upgrading? All I did to mine was lock the center diff and put in the speed gear and she rips! I’ve heard complaints about the OG outcast but *knock on wood* haven’t had any issues. Thoughts?

The old RTR had weaker shock shafts and the chassis is poop but if it's been working great for the way you bash then why get the v2? If you want an excuse to get a new rig then get the kraton :cool:(y)

Will the bigger tires make that big of a difference or no?

Will the bigger tires make that big of a difference or no?
Yea I feel like they do. Better air control tho the old ones are good too.

Do they have more bite? Mind you im running the stock system so i don't want to over stress it. The original ones wear out quick i feel like

The old RTR had weaker shock shafts and the chassis is poop but if it's been working great for the way you bash then why get the v2? If you want an excuse to get a new rig then get the kraton :cool:(y)
So you are suggesting to go for K8S v2 instead of Outcast8S?

Could please put the reason behind your suggestion?

So you are suggesting to go for K8S v2 instead of Outcast8S?

Could please put the reason behind your suggestion?
I only made that suggestion because he already had a v1 outcast, seems much smarter to get a kraton instead of a 2nd outcast. :cool: (y)

I only made that suggestion because he already had a v1 outcast, seems much smarter to get a kraton instead of a 2nd outcast. :cool: (y)
Yes I understand

But I would like your opinion

A person Who doesn't have OUTCAST 8S

What will be your suggestion?

K8s v2 or O8S v2?

My suggestion would be the O8S v2 All Day! That said, I don't think 8s anything is a good idea for a first RC.

Yes I understand

K8s v2 or O8S v2?
Hmm, thats a tough one for me because I love truggy's but if I was only going to get one I would probably pick the o8s. It's truggy enough and flips a lot easier so you get a big ass flipping monster. If you asked me this for 6s I'd say the kraton :ROFLMAO:

Yes I understand

K8s v2 or O8S v2?
whats your style of bashing?

k8 much better with ground stability, o8 shorter wheelbase makes it better for jumping. I jump and ground my k8 but only use my o8 for jumping

whats your style of bashing?

k8 much better with ground stability, o8 shorter wheelbase makes it better for jumping. I jump and ground my k8 but only use my o8 for jumping
I won't be making crazy jumps but occasionally few jumps and need to have speed and durability and should make some wheelies

Everyone have different usecase and driving style.

Outcast 8s exb rtr = awesome
Kraton 8s exb rtr = awesome

Outcast = more of stunt truck
Kraton = more of a drivers truck

If there will be no to little jumps why not get the bigger RC = Kraton
Both can be upgraded but Outcast have a smaller battery tray.
Hmm, thats a tough one for me because I love truggy's but if I was only going to get one I would probably pick the o8s. It's truggy enough and flips a lot easier so you get a big ass flipping monster. If you asked me this for 6s I'd say the kraton :ROFLMAO:
Or hold out for a new Outcast exb rtr but nobody want to wait :D

Last edited:
@Moirae
@cazrack
@yaboyhamz

I am little confused and need help from you guys

6s
Arrma kraton New v2 exb
Outcast 6S exb
kraton 8s v2

NOTORIOUS 6S

8S
Outcast v2 exb
Kraton 8s v2 exb
Xmaxx

If had to pick one assuming you never had any of the mentioned above which one will you pick

I love arrma 8s over 6s and if you have the room to run a bigger rig it's the way to go imo. If you're even considering the Xmaxx I'd get the outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back