Kraton spectrum s652 servo alternatives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Spektrum Firma 150a has an adjustable BEC 6.0v or 7.4v. IIRC the 160a is adjustable as well.
Great, I feel like I'm running an ESC from the stone age now :ROFLMAO: For my next build I think I'll look at Hobbywing, or maybe just stick with Spektrum for the ESC at least. The Castle Motor/ESC combo I'm running has gobs of power, but man the low BEC voltage really sucks. Thanks for the information 🍻

Thanks all for the info. For now, i'll try this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/aw/d/B07SBYZ4G5?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

the zoskay 35g. It seems to come with the 25T horn so I don't think I need anything else to install it. I figure it could not be worst than the specktrum.

Lets hope so.

Ill give you my feedback after testing it.
That horn doesn't work with the Arrma cars. It does not have the proper offset to keep the servo link line with the bell crank.

1675225171840.jpeg

This is the horn that comes with that servo.

1675225448019.jpeg

This is the Arrma servo horn.

1675225685120.jpeg

Last edited:
That horn doesn't work with the Arrma cars. It does not have the proper offset to keep the servo link line with the bell crank.

View attachment 274550

This is the horn that comes with that servo.

View attachment 274558

This is the Arrma servo horn.

View attachment 274561
Would this horn line up correctly @slick2500 ?

Screenshot_20230201_085907_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I had one of those horns in my talion. IDK if the servo is mounted different, but the talion does just fine with it. It looks weird, but works fine. The angle was off, but everything was free moving.
The angle was off on the servo I was running that kicked the bucket. It functioned fine, but I always felt uneasy about the angle in the back of my mind. Sometimes I wondered if it was putting a little extra stress on the servo. This time around I'm going to use a horn that will eliminate that angle, hopefully I won't have anymore dead servos afterwards.

Last edited:
Would this horn line up correctly @slick2500 ?

View attachment 274608

The angle was off on the servo I was running that kicked the bucket. It functioned fine, but I always felt uneasy about the angle in the back of my mind. Sometimes I wondered if it was putting a little extra stress on the servo. This time around I'm going to use a horn that will eliminate that angle, hopefully I won't have anymore dead servos afterwards.
I don't know for sure on that one.

My Spektrum Firma 150a has an adjustable BEC 6.0v or 7.4v. IIRC the 160a is adjustable as well.
You might want to verify the current output on the internal BEC? Torque heavy servos require some current and most ESC internal BECs don't put out that much. Typically 1-4A max.

Not everyone lists current/amp requirements for the servos, but it can go well beyond 4A when you start looking at high torque servos.

The challenge with internal BECs is how much current can you source and still fit inside the ESC and not overheat.

You might want to verify the current output on the internal BEC? Torque heavy servos require some current and most ESC internal BECs don't put out that much. Typically 1-4A max.

Not everyone lists current/amp requirements for the servos, but it can go well beyond 4A when you start looking at high torque servos.

The challenge with internal BECs is how much current can you source and still fit inside the ESC and not overheat.
Iirc it is 3a.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back