Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how come we don't do it like cars? Both ways and take the avg of the two runs?
We didn’t make the rules, we just abide by them. You’d have to take that up with the governing bodies or the OG guys.

I'm hoping to get around 50 in my granite. New brushless system is out of stock so i will have to wait.

Well I made a pass today in the Typhon 3S on 8S power. Was a little too windy. Had about a 15-17mph head wind I was running against. It was calm as I was heading it down and as soon as I started the run it picked up. I should have backed off and waited, but I hammered it instead. At 108mph I had lift off. Did quite a few flips in the air before coming down on the roof and flipping into the ditch. No real damage yet, but it seems the slipper came loose as the motor is spinning freely. I will get into it later.

On a more positive note, my spool parts for the Typhon 6S came today and the spool has been rebuilt correctly with red TL and will likely get that out tomorrow after the TL cures. Hoping to see possibly 130mph if I can get all the power down.

meh....Only been able to get up to around 60MPH in front of the house, and a tire-burnin', gravel-throwin', red-hot smokin' run of Sixty-Two point Seven MPH (!!!) at the closest parking lot.

Then life got in the way, and my poor Limitless has been sitting on the test stand.

Hope to get back to bashin' and speedin' Real Soon Now.........!

BTW....thanks for the new sub-forum! I really think we needed it, and I'm grateful you guys set one up for us.

ARRMA FOR EVAH!!!!!

I made 2 passes mid day today and it wasn’t happy with the road and the changes I made.
Ran 113 on an aborted run due to it getting out of shape on the big end about a second into full throttle and then followed up for a second pass with another 113 but was bouncing on the surface and fluttering the rpm up top trying to maintain traction. Both passes were pretty sketchy. Called it quits after run 2 and made some changes to go back out in an hour to my normal spot and try again. Not ready to give up for the day.

vid of 2nd pass

Just realized I blew another u-joint on my pass today. They were brand new shafts. That’s my final 8S attempt on a 3S car unless I decide to buy the CVDs.

New PB
2 passes back to back
Both 117mph
0BF9806A-1826-47A7-9544-598D6B6E076E.jpeg

Not the 12Xmph pass I was wanting to see but I’ll take a new PB either way.
Curious to see what does if I throw a new set of Hoons on it with no other changes

New PB
2 passes back to back
Both 117mph
View attachment 86992
Not the 12Xmph pass I was wanting to see but I’ll take a new PB either way.
Curious to see what does if I throw a new set of Hoons on it with no other changes

What do you do to fit that big lipo? Just remove that top expanding plate and use perpendicular straps? Also looks like something set in the balance plugs retainers.

What do you do to fit that big lipo? Just remove that top expanding plate and use perpendicular straps? Also looks like something set in the balance plugs retainers.
3F4FB707-070D-436F-8145-44E6ADEC655B.jpeg

The battery fits in the stock tray without modifications, but the body fits much better with the pack turned on it’s side.
I took the top of the tray off and trimmed the outermost wall away so the pack could lay lower and on its side.
Added an additional strap towards the front, and then bent a piece of metal over to firmly plant itself in the balance plug holders, which prevents the battery from trying to move reward and slide out from under the Velcro straps during hard acceleration. Not the prettiest but it works really well.
2FC5FD3A-9065-431B-9B0C-47B6F5837EA2.jpeg

View attachment 86999
The battery fits in the stock tray without modifications, but the body fits much better with the pack turned on it’s side.
I took the top of the tray off and trimmed the outermost wall away so the pack could lay lower and on its side.
Added an additional strap towards the front, and then bent a piece of metal over to firmly plant itself in the balance plug holders, which prevents the battery from trying to move reward and slide out from under the Velcro straps during hard acceleration. Not the prettiest but it works really well.
View attachment 87000

Right on! I see exactly. Thank you for taking the time to make photos and describe the fix. Thank you. ??

I managed a whopping 93mph today before the rear output cup on my spool let loose. ??‍♂️

View attachment 86771

Unofficial PB on this Typhon 6S is 117mph on 8S. It’s not official because I had to steer it into the ditch when the spur came loose last run. If you can’t drive it back it don’t count.

My overall PB is in the Typhon 3S at 130mph on 8S which shredded a rear diff at the end of the pass on the big end. Was able to drive it back with FWD so I count it ???‍♂️

Just fixed her up tonight and hope weather permits an 8S pass again tomorrow.

View attachment 86772
Where did you get your motor fan cover from? I’m looking for a twin fan cover to fit a 40mm motor

Back