Speedrun Custom Wheels // 250+ MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
secret tom cruise GIF

Maybe I need to rewatch the video but didn’t the Gone Bananas one hold on about twice as long as his wheel and tire..? 🤔

Crazy how the rims distort and flare out from the inside. 😳

Good ol' Kevin T is going after it..

Gladd he's at least trying to get tires that can handle those high speeds ,but looks like he didn't get there yet.hopefully he does or someone does because that's what seems to be holding back many from going to that 250 mark.
I wounder the kind of glue also be a factor .🤔most of the wheels I see blow off clean on some spots.i also wounder if a solid rubber wheel with no foam would work.🤔I'm sure with time and a lot of experimenting will eventually find a wheel that can hold it self together.the ballooning has to be stopped .maybey a harder compound material.

Last edited:
Gladd he's at least trying to get tires that can handle those high speeds ,but looks like he didn't get there yet.hopefully he does or someone does because that's what seems to be holding back many from going to that 250 mark.
I wounder the kind of glue also be a factor .🤔most of the wheels I see blow off clean on some spots.i also wounder if a solid rubber wheel with no foam would work.🤔I'm sure with time and a lot of experimenting will eventually find a wheel that can hold it self together.the ballooning has to be stopped .maybey a harder compound material.
Center drill 4 hockey pucks. 🤔

Center drill 4 hockey pucks. 🤔
I think you just broke the mystery of the ultimate speed run wheel 😁👍.I'ma buy me a bunch🤣 I was thinking roller skate wheels but ya beet me with hockey pucks🤣🤣

I have a Felony and access to a lathe…..🤔

Personally, after watching his experiments.. I'd see those plastic rims are behaving just like tires at high rotational speeds ,so why not just add a very thin steel belt around the rim to control its ballooning also?

That should definitely help with the rim deformation.

@Xjeepguy
Would you be able to cut a precise shallow groove in rims to allow for a thin steel "sleeve" of some sort to be fit in place?

Personally, after watching his experiments.. I'd see those plastic rims are behaving just like tires at high rotational speeds ,so why not just add a very thin steel belt around the rim to control its ballooning also?

That should definitely help with the rim deformation.

@Xjeepguy
Would you be able to cut a precise shallow groove in rims to allow for a thin steel "sleeve" of some sort to be fit in place?
Shouldn’t be a problem.

@Xjeepguy
I’m thinking of a 2mm groove, just on the backside of the rim, and a large snap ring installed in it. Minimal rotational mass, but keeps the rim from distorting.
@Xjeepguy
I’m thinking of a 2mm groove, just on the backside of the rim, and a large snap ring installed in it. Minimal rotational mass, but keeps the rim from being distorted.

I do give the dude an “A” for effort
No worries kev will break the code.he has the power to hit 250..and he knows the wheels are what's stopping him.he will push to figure a way or eventually someone will.i mean it's not rocket science 🤣 is it? 🤔

No worries kev will break the code.he has the power to hit 250..and he knows the wheels are what's stopping him.he will push to figure a way or eventually someone will.i mean it's not rocket science 🤣 is it? 🤔

It's just plastic and foam..

Back