Spektrum BEC output

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a new vorteks. I'm moving on from the big rock because I only drive on a concrete track. I noticed on many blx's the steering has a hard time snapping back to center on concrete when standing still. This is because of the 6 volt BEC output. I noticed with the vorteks I can roll back the firmware and change the output to 7.4 volts. I have a power hd b6 servo I want to install. My questions is If I roll back the firmware and change the output of the bec on the firma 100 will I fry it out? Since the esc is brand new should I sell it and buy the firma 130 for the 7.4 bec output? I'm only interested in running 3s with the stock motor. Before you yell at me for using spektrum I've had nothing but good experiences with arrma/spektrum, I'm happy so I will continue to use it till I have a reason to switch to castle. Thanks.

Why would it burn up the esc? Most of the issues people have are with the Fireball(Firma) 150a as it likes to catch on fire, the other Firma escs seems to be just fine.

Honestly I'm confused. Please help. I just bought a vorteks but I already own a b6 servo. I figured the b6 would have awesome performance running at 7.4 volts instead of the set 6.0 volts. Youtube shows I can turn back the firmware and set the servo voltage to 7.4 on the firma 100. If I set it to 7.4 will I burn out my fans and will the esc run hotter? Is that why they don't want you to change it anymore? Thanks.

my couple month old Vorteks runs 7.4 as default. The lower voltage is the option. If you are doubting get the trust owners manual out and check. Mine says 7.4 standard. I don’t like all the beeps so I bought the program card and it says 7.4 stock. I think it might be 7.4 stock.

my couple month old Vorteks runs 7.4 as default. The lower voltage is the option. If you are doubting get the trust owners manual out and check. Mine says 7.4 standard. I don’t like all the beeps so I bought the program card and it says 7.4 stock. I think it might be 7.4 stock.
Oh I did not know that. Thanks for the reply.

I just checked the manual. It says BEC 6 volts. How do you guys know your BEC is 7.4?
Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230720_183218_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230720_183218_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 29
Honestly I'm confused. Please help. I just bought a vorteks but I already own a b6 servo. I figured the b6 would have awesome performance running at 7.4 volts instead of the set 6.0 volts. Youtube shows I can turn back the firmware and set the servo voltage to 7.4 on the firma 100. If I set it to 7.4 will I burn out my fans and will the esc run hotter? Is that why they don't want you to change it anymore? Thanks.
No because the fans are rated to 12v.

I used a program card because I wanted to put mine up to 7.4 when I replaced my servo. Mine had the star by 7.4 that means it’s the factory setting. My owners manual is also different than yours
I take that back. My manual shows the same thing as yours. I remember looking at it thinking it wasn’t adjustable. The program card shows it is and the star is the factory setting. You can go through it without the card and listen to beeps. I don’t have the patience for that and it would frustrate me so I bought the card. It’s only$20 and it’s well worth me not getting frustrated.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back