Kraton Spektrum Firma A130 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihood

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Nero
  3. Voltage
  4. Infraction 4x4
So I recently bought the Spektrum Firma A130 ESC and motor combo and I hooked it up to the Dumbo RC X6 but when I turn it on, it doesn’t make the beeping sound and it just blinks red. The fan and steering servo are working perfectly fine, but the esc just blinks red and doesn’t beep. I tried to program the esc by using the esc buttons but it didn’t work. Bought the spektrum programing card, followed every step; didn’t work. I’ve watched a countless amount of YouTube videos and still haven’t gotten it to work. Took it to an rc mechanic but they wanted to keep it for 3 weeks and charge me $50 just to keep it for 3 weeks abd $50 for every hour they worked on it. So if you guys can, could you help me fix this issue?

So I recently bought the Spektrum Firma A130 ESC and motor combo and I hooked it up to the Dumbo RC X6 but when I turn it on, it doesn’t make the beeping sound and it just blinks red. The fan and steering servo are working perfectly fine, but the esc just blinks red and doesn’t beep. I tried to program the esc by using the esc buttons but it didn’t work. Bought the spektrum programing card, followed every step; didn’t work. I’ve watched a countless amount of YouTube videos and still haven’t gotten it to work. Took it to an rc mechanic but they wanted to keep it for 3 weeks and charge me $50 just to keep it for 3 weeks abd $50 for every hour they worked on it. So if you guys can, could you help me fix this issue?
Are you sure the receiver cable is plugged in the right way? This sounds like the symptoms of it being plugged in backwards.

:rolleyes:Wow, I would stay away from that RC mech or LHS. Whomever it is.(n) This is not any magic... You are just having a slight learning curve.

Maybe a stupid question, did you bind the Rx to to Radio? Per the manual
Did you calibrate the Radio to the ESC. (The Throttle Endpoints) Per the manual.
Need more info. About how you did things.

Plug it up, turn your TX on.. hold the set button down while you turn it on, keep holding it for a sec and it will start blinking red (if it blinks green you held it too long and are in esc programming mode).. now you have entered th calibration.. you must press the set button with the TX in neutral, it will stop blinking red and it will blink green once and you should hear a motor tone, you have now entered step 2..pull full trigger and press the set button, you will see it blink 2 times and you will get 2 tones from the motor.. step 3, hold full brake and press the set button, 3 flashes 3 tones.. turn it off!! 😎

:rolleyes:Wow, I would stay away from that RC mech or LHS. Whomever it is.(n) This is not any magic... You are just having a slight learning curve.

Did you calibrate the Radio to the ESC. (The Throttle Endpoints) Per the manual.
Need more info. About how you did thing

I just redid all of that just in case I didn’t before, but it’s still blinkin red.

I just redid all of that just in case I didn’t do it right before, but it still blinkin red
Plug it up, turn your TX on.. hold the set button down while you turn it on, keep holding it for a sec and it will start blinking red (if it blinks green you held it too long and are in esc programming mode).. now you have entered th calibration.. you must press the set button with the TX in neutral, it will stop blinking red and it will blink green once and you should hear a motor tone, you have now entered step 2..pull full trigger and press the set button, you will see it blink 2 times and you will get 2 tones from the motor.. step 3, hold full brake and press the set button, 3 flashes 3 tones.. turn it off!! 😎
I keep trying to do that, but it stays blinking red. It makes no sounds or blinks green.

Does the dumbo radio have a throttle trim? Is it at zero?

Does the dumbo radio have a throttle trim? Is it at ze
Does the dumbo radio have a throttle trim? Is it at zero?
I’m not entirely sure.

image.jpg

Yes it is at zero from looking at that pic. Do you have a pic of how everything is plugged in to the receiver?

I doubt this is the issue but that doesn't look all the way plugged in to me

Channel 2 is plugged in backwards I think? Why are there 2 black wires?

Why on earth did they make both wires black though? That makes zero sense to me.
I honestly don’t know. I’m pretty sure it’s the right way because the servo is working

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back