Big Rock Firma 150 v2 esc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this the other day. I have BR. Though, I have not run into this issue. It's pretty moot for me anyway, since I am swapping out my esc for a hw max6 g2.

I saw this the other day. I have BR. Though, I have not run into this issue. It's pretty moot for me anyway, since I am swapping out my esc for a hw max6 g2.
Issue happens at middle or 3/4 thtottle and you let go of the trigger/neutral

Check it out!

Screenshot_20231212_184140_Instagram.jpg

Can you update without buying the Spektrum programmer? I'll just throw the Max6 I already have in before I buy their programmer.

Earl and do it rc

I think Earl said that he's getting another one from them. Do RC updated his program box, and was able to update his ESC. His BR6 is working fine now. I don't know where he got his program box from? If he got it from Spektrum directly or from a 3rd party like Amazon. No idea.
I can also confirm, that if you use the v1 spektrum program box, it will NOT work, to update the esc. It will also, NOT update to the newest firmware.

Last edited:
I have the v2 spektrum program box and I tried to update it so that I could program my V2 ESC (150/160) it did not work. I will retry with the new update tonight.

I have the v2 spektrum program box and I tried to update it so that I could program my V2 ESC (150/160) it did not work. I will retry with the new update tonight.

What version of the app do you have? I too had this issue, where I couldn't update it. @JamesJimJimmy helped me immensely. He stated that I had to make sure that I had the most up to date version of the Smart Link App. Which is version 1.1 - After I got that, I was able to update my v2 programmer box and v2 esc. I hope this helps you.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...pektrum-SmartLink-ESC-Programmer-V1.1.0.0.zip

HH/Spektrum had no choice but to get their new F/W in place. Like real fast. They never tested these ESC's. Arrma dropped the ball , again.
The OE F/W was a complete fail. Sucks that you need to Buy the Smart programmer. Seems like a win win for HH. They will be selling more of their $30.00 Programmers now. Only because they screwed up.
If HH gave a Crap, they would just send out or swap out a new Corrected F/W ESC or give the programmer for Free. , to the guys that dropped some heavy $700.00 coin on this this V6 EXB K6s. :rolleyes:
Did you first update the Smart Programmer F/W itself first???

yes, but it was 3 weeks ago. I'm going to try again to night.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back