Fireteam Spider gears whats good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy the Arrma metal diff Option as a separate retail part, I believe that they now include a supplemental instruction sheet which is correct. Tombstones are clearly deleted.
Sweet hey that's somthing I was actually very surprised I didn't have any issues getting a stocker replacement from HH but I still ordered bullet proof now I have 2 full sets for maintenance no down time I will just dial it down when I got the stockers in there
I read this whole thread, and still not sure what you all are referring to as “tombstones”☹️
Ok I will try as I was there too u have opened a diff right
Sweet hey that's somthing I was actually very surprised I didn't have any issues getting a stocker replacement from HH but I still ordered bullet proof now I have 2 full sets for maintenance no down time I will just dial it down when I got the stockers in there

6 gears 4 small 2 bigger sun2 sats4
I read this whole thread, and still not sure what you all are referring to as “tombstones”☹️
You have opened a diff correct

6 gears 4 small 2 bigger sun2 sats4

You have opened a diff correct

Yes I’ve just recently gone through my Nero rebuilding the diffs, all of the seals were dry rotted.

Yes I’ve just recently gone through my Nero rebuilding the diffs, all of the seals were dry rotted.
I pm u
I sent you everything in my conversation but just in case any one else has same ? Refer to pic if u look close to diff case pics no tobmstone in new arrma version
16942858315248535356684983460963.jpg

I'm learning too but I took my fireteam down to individual peices and reassembled strengthening as I went and with good advice from this forum I have learned alot
I pm u

I sent you everything in my conversation but just in case any one else has same ? Refer to pic if u look close to diff case pics no tobmstone in new arrma version
16942858315248535356684983460963.jpg

I'm learning too but I took my fireteam down to individual peices and reassembled strengthening as I went and with good advice from this forum I have learned alot

Last edited:
Very first rc car I ever bought first thing I did was open the manual. I read every page that was in English before I even plugged the battery into the charger.

I use the exploded views all the time just to find parts.

This place is a great source for shop able exploded views for a lot of the old discontinued Arrma cars and cars from some other brands too https://vortexhobbies.com/parts_finder.php?osCsid=2b97bfe91b4b23ddd34411c2a0f0de42
Video or it didn’t happen ;)

You probably bought a gas station map rather than asking the clerk for directions!

I pm u

I sent you everything in my conversation but just in case any one else has same ? Refer to pic if u look close to diff case pics no tobmstone in new arrma versionView attachment 321469

I hope I helped
Video or it didn’t happen ;)

You probably bought a gas station map rather than asking the clerk for directions!
🤔

The HR Units have a steel insert in the aluminum end cap.
The early released HR diff cups/carriers had No steel insert. Make sure which one you are buying. I would stay with the Arrma Metal diffs.
The HR ones are a tad bit lighter obviously. FWIW.
The Tombstones, also properly called "Metal Cross Shaft Inserts", just causes gear alignment issues. They wear out rather fast being made of cheap soft cast metal. A weak link IMHO.
Best when they are deleted with the Arrma Metal diff "Case" (Cup/carrier) upgrade.

Below are 2 blown out Tombstones and a shim. We're very short-lived..
Deleting the Tombstones and using the Mugen 0206 shims is the way to go. These shims are made of Hard Spring steel.
The OE shims are very cheap Tin metal.(n) The shims "groove out" against the Tombstones easily. Don't last for crap. The whole diff's gear set gets ruined quickly.

20230910_122300.jpg

(n)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back