Vorteks Startup motor noise quiet and doesn’t spin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nath_blyth

Reaction score
Today, I wanted to take my car out, plugged in the battery as usual, turned it on and the startup noises were quiet and when I pressed the throttle, nothing. At least I still have steering

Check connectors going to motor for good plug fit, possible corrosion if put away wet last running etc ...
Make sure motor will even spin by hand as well ?
Motor spins fine by hand and the plugs look how they always have

deep SNIFF the ESC and Motor where wire enter .... If either has that Tell-Tail burnt electronics smell ?

Obvious stuff ... check the ESC to receiver wire end to end, check plug at receiver.

If there is or was an initial Programming / Binding of throttle position of ESC to Receiver ... DO IT AGAIN.

deep SNIFF the ESC and Motor where wire enter .... If either has that Tell-Tail burnt electronics smell ?

Obvious stuff ... check the ESC to receiver wire end to end, check plug at receiver.

If there is or was an initial Programming / Binding of throttle position of ESC to Receiver ... DO IT AGAIN.
They smell, not burnt.

It’s a 2 in 1 receiver and esc but led is on when throttle is on and off when no input so that’s working

Wires from the esc to motor look fine

Could there be a chance that the esc is giving lower voltages than normal to the motor?

With no one else offering up suggestions or help ... All i got :(

They smell, not burnt.

It’s a 2 in 1 receiver and esc but led is on when throttle is on and off when no input so that’s working

Wires from the esc to motor look fine

Could there be a chance that the esc is giving lower voltages than normal to the motor?
If it has a LVC function ... could be supply battery is too low in voltage.

Pull the motor out of the car attach the motor directly to the battery if it doesn't spin the motor is bad if it does the esc is likely bad. Stock 2 in1 escs in the brushed models are not that great and tend to crap out rather easily compared to separate units or brushless systems. I've killed so many of them over the years I don't even bother running them anymore.

Pull the motor out of the car attach the motor directly to the battery if it doesn't spin the motor is bad if it does the esc is likely bad. Stock 2 in1 escs in the brushed models are not that great and tend to crap out rather easily compared to separate units or brushless systems. I've killed so many of them over the years I don't even bother running them anymore.
Okay I’ll try that, if nothing works it’s just an excuse to upgrade

Back