Granite Steel Slipper Clutch: Rubber Thingy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagheera

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the RC world and also to this forum. I got a question though...

Today I've bought a Steel Slipper Set for my Arrma Granite 4x2 (Upgraded it to 4x4, Brushless, etc.).
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/steel-57t-slipper-set-0.8mod/ARA310948.html (ARA310948 Steel 57T Slipper Set 0.8Mod )

But... there is something missing and I wanted to ask you if that's correct.

In the original assembly there is a threaded rubber thingy on the other side of the clutch. I've got an Arrma Big Rock 3S and it has one. As you can see, in the preassembled set it is missing.
Can anybody explain to me: What is the purpose of it? My vendor claims that this is not a missing item....

Thanks a lot!

1.png

2.png

The purpose of this (plastic) part is to add some resistance to the screw of the slipper, so it wont back up by itself.

Arrma didnt always have this part, the v2 cars didnt use it and instead we used loctite to hold the screw, which you can still do. but having that part is nicer since then you can easily adjust the slipper without reapplying loctite every time

My BRcc v3 has it also.its plastic and mine was crushed from manufacturer.pain to remove .I had to go from the back side and push it out with a small pick.its definitely needed.get a few .they break easy
Yours might still be inside..they don't easily come out .I thought mine was missing then I looked with a flash light and saw it.
I bet it's still inside.let us knowđź‘Ť

Last edited:
It will work without it . It is just an extra nut for the slipper clutch adjustment. It is only needed if the threads in the original part strip out. I have been through this a few times. That is part of a repair kit which was an upgrade but now is probably standard in the new ones.

It will work without it . It is just an extra nut for the slipper clutch adjustment. It is only needed if the threads in the original part strip out. I have been through this a few times. That is part of a repair kit which was an upgrade but now is probably standard in the new ones.
When I tryed to use my slipper clutch assembly without it my slipper clutch was loose and did not work .untill I ordered the replacement..not sure how you got yours to work without it...now I have no use for it because I'm using a slipper clutch eliminator.

I hate the slipper. Going forward you can find stock parts cheaper at Jenny's like that slipper
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...1&_sid=3bb045cc2&_ss=r&variant=40182277177398

I use the newer kit with the plastic to hold the screw better vs the loctite. Would be my recommendation

Here is a video

If I am not mistaken you will need to have the shorter hex on the input gear as well to use the plastic piece. Yours is probably already good to go, this would apply to older 3S RC's upgrading to a newer slipper assembly.

The price has really gone up for that setup..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back