Kraton Steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted8221

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey everyone thanks for the add!! New to the hobby I went out and bought the 6s kraton. Took it out for the first time today. It definitely rips!! My issue is that steering feels soft. I had to brake and turn the wheel in order not to slam in to things. I was running on grass. Just feels like it was not turning fast enough. I had already set my turning points. Anyone would be appreciated.

If you're a jumper I would recommend an EXB servo spring. It will make a difference but still be a bit soft. The cam on the stock bellcrank is prone to splitting so they tend not to work well with adjustable preload servo savers. If you want your steering to be tight an adjustable servo save paired with an aluminum bellcrank would be the way to go. I recommend any brand of adjustable preload except Arrma, they unscrew almost instantly.

Hey everyone thanks for the add!! New to the hobby I went out and bought the 6s kraton. Took it out for the first time today. It definitely rips!! My issue is that steering feels soft. I had to brake and turn the wheel in order not to slam in to things. I was running on grass. Just feels like it was not turning fast enough. I had already set my turning points. Anyone would be appreciated.
put two or three circlips under the servo saver works like a dream then (y)

The basher queen unit you linked is outstanding, and it’s basically all I run on my 6s rigs now. When coupled with pretty much any aluminum bellcrank it transforms the steering totally. Money very well spent on this mod, not just bling.

The basher queen unit you linked is outstanding, and it’s basically all I run on my 6s rigs now. When coupled with pretty much any aluminum bellcrank it transforms the steering totally. Money very well spent on this mod, not just bling.

Gents

I am in the process of installing BasherQueen now. What are the shims used for?

How tight did you make it when in hand before installing it? You have a guide to go by?

Gents

I am in the process of installing BasherQueen now. What are the shims used for?

How tight did you make it when in hand before installing it? You have a guide to go by?
The shims are optional, and they’re for removing any slop in the factory steering posts when you install the servo saver. Take your time with it and you’re going to be super pleased with how much more precise the steering assembly is when you’re done. The adjustable saver is great, but the bearings in the Ackerman arm are the cherry on top. It’s a pretty huge improvement. You’ll love it.
As for spring tension, the best technical definition I can offer is “very freaking tight” by hand when upgrading to a quality (Vitavon) aluminum bellcrank assembly. If you're keeping the stock plastic steering posts then I would tighten it “much freaking tighter than stock, but not very freaking tight.” Don’t forget to tighten the grub screw on the collar with a dot of blue loctite when you get it “just freaking right.” 😊

Last edited:
The shims are optional, and they’re for removing any slop in the factory steering posts when you install the servo saver. Take your time with it and you’re going to be super pleased with how much more precise the steering assembly is when you’re done. The adjustable saver is great, but the bearings in the Ackerman arm are the cherry on top. It’s a pretty huge improvement. You’ll love it.
As for spring tension, the best technical definition I can offer is “very freaking tight” by hand when upgrading to a quality (Vitavon) aluminum bellcrank assembly. If you're keeping the stock plastic steering posts then I would tighten it “much freaking tighter than stock, but not very freaking tight.” Don’t forget to tighten the grub screw on the collar with a dot of blue loctite when you get it “just freaking right.” 😊
NOW that's what's up! (y)

Thank you... I kept the stock plastic and had no idea about the Vitavon. This is why I am replacing the stock plastic split with the shims I had added. I did do it as close to stock maybe a slightly tighter, not too much. I can see your point as the weak point.

For future upgrades, mine linking the Vitavon bellcrank you purchase?

I had purchased the arrma adjustable aluminum servo saver hub and the hot racing aluminum bellcrank set. Also ordered a set of avid bearings since I will have everything apart makes sense to change out the bearings

ara340065.jpg

Screenshot_20231105_201204_Chrome.jpg

Do you guys recommend replacing the stock servo right out the box?
put two or three circlips under the servo saver works like a dream then (y)
I had seen the YouTube video by east tactics with the snap rings on the servo saver hub. I actually use them at work. I bought the adjustable servo saver hub if I don't like it will try the snap ring method

Last edited:
NOW that's what's up! (y)

Thank you... I kept the stock plastic and had no idea about the Vitavon. This is why I am replacing the stock plastic split with the shims I had added. I did do it as close to stock maybe a slightly tighter, not too much. I can see your point as the weak point.

For future upgrades, mine linking the Vitavon bellcrank you purchase?
Here’s the Vitavon, and they’re so nice it’s ridiculous. Like NASA quality bellcranks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285317341634?hash=item426e3d21c2:g:xAAAAOSw7qNi2ptW

I had purchased the arrma adjustable aluminum servo saver hub and the hot racing aluminum bellcrank set. Also ordered a set of avid bearings since I will have everything apart makes sense to change out the bearings

View attachment 330358

View attachment 330359
Do you guys recommend replacing the stock servo right out the box?

I had seen the YouTube video by east tactics with the snap rings on the servo saver hub. I actually use them at work. I bought the adjustable servo saver hub if I don't like it will try the snap ring method
Yeah with all that work to the Belcrank, nice to find a 35 kg servo at minimum with it. 35kg torque or higher steel geared servo fits the bill with these Arrma platforms.
20 or 25 kg servos simply won't cut it.
I like my DS3235 35 kg $34.00 AMZ servos. But there are many others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back