Typhon Steering Link Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Breeze

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
I hope everyone is doing well. I finally got my Typhon project running and I noticed something while buttoning things up: the alignment between the servo link and the bellcrank was off. I'm running the taller Hot Racing servo mount to fit my servo, and as a consequence the link was at a fairly steep angle, so I used spacers to correct it. I'm curious if there a better/neater way to do this? I am running the older steering rack with the adjustable servo saver. Thanks all. (y)
Steering.jpeg

You only have a small spacer in there, the torque on the screws in minimal and and it "shouldn't" flex that much.

I (me personally) would run it as is and see how it works. If it's mushy, binding, or bending then go back and reassess it.

If it's a problem you might be able to find a lower profile servo arm, that one looks a bit tall? Another option is to swap to a shorter mount or modify that one by cutting the stand offs? Also if there are ball ends in the link, you can have a little bit of angle to it as long as it doesn't bind. Which means you might not need the spacers.

Thanks, I took it for a test run and the steering seemed solid and crisp, although the hubs need some adjusting as they're a bit loose. (y) I believe that it's the stock horn, but I'll tinker with some shorter ones to get better alignment. I think I was trying too hard to get the link perfectly level, seems fine as is. As an aside, how much extra room does the stock shell have above the servo and servo link? I bought the car without a body, but I think I may have to get the servo lower to clear the body.

I don't know about the shell-servo clearance, it no lower than you mounting post. I suspect it will be fine.

If you need a little bit of room can flip the screw/nut on the horn. If you get an aluminum horn they are usually threaded also. But it the servo is too high, you might look as chopping down the mount. Just make sure you don't bottom out the servo on the pan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back