Kraton steering locking to the left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz2011uk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hi just come back from a little run about and just before i come back the steering locked up to the left
no hard bashing just a few runs up and down the tarmac no impacts at all so no real reason for it to happen
its a v3 kraton
i have stripped it back and seems to be an issue with the servo i think pretty new to rc had a savage 6/7 years ago so i have a little knowledge from back then
all connections are fine and no broken wires either
i have reset all end points just in case and also checked the trims
i have removed the servo and with nothing connected apart from power and the horn if i turn right there is no input if i turn left it works but wont turn right at any point

if i manually turn it fully right when off when turning on it will centre itself
if i manually turn it fully left when off when turning on it will not centre itself

the servo seems fine tho no grinding like i have stripped a gear

seems strange any suggestions that i can try out to pin point what the issue maybe

forgot to add if no power is added i can freely move the servo left and right fully but if i add power from centre i can left and right back to the centre but it wont allow me past centre to the right

Try connecting another servo to the reviver of the Kraton's to see if the problem is the servo or receiver.

Try connecting another servo to the reviver of the Kraton's to see if the problem is the servo or receiver.
only just back into rc so don't have any spare servos around i have a new servo on its way
i also plugged the throttle into ch1 to control it off the steering and it worked fine off the steering so seems to point at servo
i also factory reset the end points just in case i knocked it and changed it somehow but still no change

i have had servos go on my savage before but never acted like this as it seems fine no buzzing ect and its strange it stopped working 1 way only

the only reason I asked because another person reported a similar issue and it ended up being the receiver that needed to be replaced. so I suggest getting a weak servo/cheap servo so you're not wasting money if the servo is fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back