Steering Servo Issue on Brand New Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopjag

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just bought a granite today and my son played with it smoothly for 15 min. After running it on the grass the steering servo is stuck on full right. Only able to get it back to neutral by hand when everything off. But as soon as radio and car are on, the steering servo pushes the wheels all the way to the right and I am unable to steer (it is fully right and doesn’t turn left). Steering servo makes permanent noise when on. Anybody can help me fix the issue without replacing the servo?

My does it and I just grab the wheels and turn them back straight works for me with the truck on so far so good and the 4x4 forum has some info on that to

the stock servo is junk I put a tsx55 tactic in mine

I have the same problem. Did u find a fix?
Just bought a granite today and my son played with it smoothly for 15 min. After running it on the grass the steering servo is stuck on full right. Only able to get it back to neutral by hand when everything off. But as soon as radio and car are on, the steering servo pushes the wheels all the way to the right and I am unable to steer (it is fully right and doesn’t turn left). Steering servo makes permanent noise when on. Anybody can help me fix the issue without replacing the servo?
Same
Blx or 4x4

Same thing happened to mine. Your servo saver twisted. So instead of center being at 12 o clock, it's now 3 o'clock for example. That's why when you turn it on the wheels go to the right. Just take the servo arm off and put the triangular piece back in straight and you will be good to go.

Hi all I just purchased my arrma granite 4x4 a few weeks back and out of the box after charging it I ran it down the hall turned left and the servo broke. I could hear it moving but it was crunchy, I contacted Arrma via email but since it was sunday I would not hear from them for a few days. So.. I took the servo apart to see what happened, the servo is pretty quick and only 1 piece was broken (prob cheap plastic from the manufacturer) so I purchased a Futaba plastic gear kit from them and replaced that single broken gear , aligned it up and was back in business for 2 dollars. the futaba plastic seems much tougher as i have hot several trees and curbs and even broke an A arm and the serve is still good without any issues. Arrma sent me another ADS5 servo and i changed the gears to metal ones from the ADS7 gear kit and it seems to work fine but have not had the need to replace the original one yet. I've been bashing real hard too, broke the skid plate on day 2 when mt son went full speed into the curb and cracked it below the hinge. I noticed that that open area is prone to breaking so I taped up one side and the filled the hole with hot glue, it seems to absorb the crashed better then that open hole. I also ordered the T Bone racing bumper for the front coz I really didnt have many options aside from stock. aside from that the truck can really take a beating. maybe if you don't want to dish out money for a new serve right away you can grab a futaba servo internal gear kit from your hobby store for a few bucks to get you back on the road. I brought the servo to my local shop and they found me a gear that fit from a futaba pack. sorry i don't have a part number.

You guys are the best! thanks for the responses. I haven't had a moment to fix servo issue. I will inform when I do. Thanks again for feedback as this my 1st go around.

My servo was trash when I received my Granite as well. Arrma replaced it with no issues at all. The "new" one they sent out, while better, is still pretty lack luster.

Mine had to be replaced. I contacted Arrma and they sent a new one. In the mean time I bought this one and installed it: https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-622...html?cur_warehouse=USA?p=W4130612246597201707
Keeping the new stock one as a spare
I’m looking for a good replacement waterproof/resistant Servo for my daughters Granite 4x4. The one you got is a 20Kg Servo isn’t it? that’s a bit overkill for the granite since the stock servo is only 5Kg I believe? My daughters Granite started doing the same thing with the steering.

I might just take the stock Servo from my Kraton since I’ve already upgraded to a savox servo and put it in my daughters granite if it will fit in.

Hello. I purchased two Arrma 4x4's for Christmas - the old model and the new model. Both brushless upgraded to 3S batteries.

Really unimpressed with both cars so far.

The new 4x4 Granite has less than 2h run time and the steering servo has had it. Not turning. Totally dead.

The old model, still works fine for context, and has WAY more throttle control - which is very important for me as I bought it for my 5 year old! And he is totally rocking it too now. And he didn't like the new one at all.

There seems to be a bad batch of servos recently. Call Horizon Hobby support and they will warranty it.

In the mean time it is important to set your steering end points and calibrate your throttle with your ESC.

Forum member and contributor @razorrc has a great content, particularly these two:

There seems to be a bad batch of servos recently. Call Horizon Hobby support and they will warranty it.

In the mean time it is important to set your steering end points and calibrate your throttle with your ESC.

Forum member and contributor @razorrc has a great content, particularly these two:

DAM! I wish I had watched that video 1st! Thanks for sharing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back