Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Steering Servo Issue on Brand New Granite

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by Coopjag, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Coopjag

Coopjag Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Just bought a granite today and my son played with it smoothly for 15 min. After running it on the grass the steering servo is stuck on full right. Only able to get it back to neutral by hand when everything off. But as soon as radio and car are on, the steering servo pushes the wheels all the way to the right and I am unable to steer (it is fully right and doesn’t turn left). Steering servo makes permanent noise when on. Anybody can help me fix the issue without replacing the servo?

2. Mustangman66$

Mustangman66$ Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  3. Coopjag

Coopjag Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  4. Mustangman66$

Mustangman66$ Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    My does it and I just grab the wheels and turn them back straight works for me with the truck on so far so good and the 4x4 forum has some info on that to

5. chazekxt46

chazekxt46 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Raider
    the stock servo is junk I put a tsx55 tactic in mine

6. Birdy22

Birdy22 Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Senton
    I have the same problem. Did u find a fix?
    Same

7. Mongoose

Mongoose Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Same thing happened to mine. Your servo saver twisted. So instead of center being at 12 o clock, it's now 3 o'clock for example. That's why when you turn it on the wheels go to the right. Just take the servo arm off and put the triangular piece back in straight and you will be good to go.

8. Coopjag

Coopjag Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
  9. firminator

firminator New Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    Hi all I just purchased my arrma granite 4x4 a few weeks back and out of the box after charging it I ran it down the hall turned left and the servo broke. I could hear it moving but it was crunchy, I contacted Arrma via email but since it was sunday I would not hear from them for a few days. So.. I took the servo apart to see what happened, the servo is pretty quick and only 1 piece was broken (prob cheap plastic from the manufacturer) so I purchased a Futaba plastic gear kit from them and replaced that single broken gear , aligned it up and was back in business for 2 dollars. the futaba plastic seems much tougher as i have hot several trees and curbs and even broke an A arm and the serve is still good without any issues. Arrma sent me another ADS5 servo and i changed the gears to metal ones from the ADS7 gear kit and it seems to work fine but have not had the need to replace the original one yet. I've been bashing real hard too, broke the skid plate on day 2 when mt son went full speed into the curb and cracked it below the hinge. I noticed that that open area is prone to breaking so I taped up one side and the filled the hole with hot glue, it seems to absorb the crashed better then that open hole. I also ordered the T Bone racing bumper for the front coz I really didnt have many options aside from stock. aside from that the truck can really take a beating. maybe if you don't want to dish out money for a new serve right away you can grab a futaba servo internal gear kit from your hobby store for a few bucks to get you back on the road. I brought the servo to my local shop and they found me a gear that fit from a futaba pack. sorry i don't have a part number.

jaybe312 likes this.
  10. Birdy22

Birdy22 Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Senton
    You guys are the best! thanks for the responses. I haven't had a moment to fix servo issue. I will inform when I do. Thanks again for feedback as this my 1st go around.

11. NellekRC

NellekRC Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    My servo was trash when I received my Granite as well. Arrma replaced it with no issues at all. The "new" one they sent out, while better, is still pretty lack luster.

12. Mongoose

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Yeah I have a warranty servo on the way for my Kraton....gonna put it in my Granite 4x4 since I can't wait for it. Putting a Savox 1210SG in the Kraton.

13. Pjs0123

Pjs0123 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I’m looking for a good replacement waterproof/resistant Servo for my daughters Granite 4x4. The one you got is a 20Kg Servo isn’t it? that’s a bit overkill for the granite since the stock servo is only 5Kg I believe? My daughters Granite started doing the same thing with the steering.

14. Mongoose

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    The stock servo is underpowered. It should have been stronger from the get-go.

15. Pjs0123

Pjs0123 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I might just take the stock Servo from my Kraton since I’ve already upgraded to a savox servo and put it in my daughters granite if it will fit in.

16. chazekxt46

chazekxt46 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Raider
    I use tatic tx55

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer