Big Rock Calling on the nero experts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Im at a lost. This is the second time my nero bigrock spur Brass insert wears out. Was working on my Nero and changing the center diff fluid. That car has been abusee beyond belief by its previous owners spur was fine, i just took the center module out after 2 packs to change the fluid from 200k to 500k. A bit of wear on the brass insert but the wear seems to be on the inner diameter of it. Then decided to just remove the sour from my bigrock without taking the module out because the spur when stiff and it took some force to rock it on the pinion and i find this. My bigrock runs with the diff brain so no oil in the diffs and the center diff is ussualy always locked. The clutch felt like it loosened once or twice during the 3 month period i ran it. Last run was in the street testing a new shock setup. And near the end the clutch started to slip bad and i couldnt reach top speed. tightened it up in the spot to factory settings the second i noticed it and it was back to “normal”

Nero spur after 2 packs. Can berely feel anything on the surface. Its a bearing i reused from the bigrock. When i changed the first spur gear i changed the bearing for another new one. I remember cleaning the seal a bit so pretty sure so the little dusting on it is from the 2 runs i had with it. Some also on the casing around the bearing. But my nero sounded a lot more healthy than my bigrock gearmesh wise but both had pretty much the same mesh
CD891077-DF09-470A-A9EF-925E47963B9B.jpeg

Bigrock spurs compared to a new one. The one i pulled is on the far left.
77BD7499-C02A-4E95-A9D5-9C67CD22AE04.jpeg
D3D2B61E-0E7C-402C-80EA-61ED258AA139.jpeg

This is my only concern with my neros minus the bodies. What is causing this part to wear when previous owners who tortured their trucks(running with all the diff locked, water, and full throttle torture) and never serviced them haven't had this issue but i am? I take care of my trucks and i i don't try to crash them on purpose.

There was a mechanical failure. Retrace your steps to find out why. Follow the manual as they state 1 to 1.5 loosened from tight.

OEM aluminum slipper disks glazed? If so, change them with HR graphite units as they last longer.

How’s the spring? Bearings turn nicely? Remove all doubt on all related components is the correct way to troubleshoot.

There was a mechanical failure. Retrace your steps to find out why. Follow the manual as they state 1 to 1.5 loosened from tight.

OEM aluminum slipper disks glazed? If so, change them with HR graphite units as they last longer.

How’s the spring? Bearings turn nicely? Remove all doubt on all related components is the correct way to troubleshoot.
All bearings are new and spin smoothly. The pads look okay to me. But idk they are solid aluminum pieces.
I honestly don't understand whats going on i have everything set like factory. I use an ultrasonic cleaner on all my parts to clean them i doubt that is what ruined it

Last edited:
Been thinking about it. Why didnt arrma just use a flange 6x13x4 bearing instead? Like on the 3s line. The bearing wont fit because the hole was designed to press fit a 13mm brass insert in. i found the post i was trying to find. I guess the gearmesh should be made even looser. And by what he saying that means my nero spur Is gone. A bit of play
73CE2A53-E908-4176-8D8D-FCEEC733FDF6.png

Last edited:
Been a minute since I wrenched on my neros.
Do u have movement somewhere to pop the bronze guide?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back