Kraton Stock Suspension settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornager

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all,

Just recently purchased the Kraton and have been loving it. I noticed that my steering is a lot less responsive recently, so I checked the servo and everything to do with the servo, such as the horn, servo saver and servo mount. Everything is normal, no brushing of anything anywhere.

The only thing I changed from stock was the suspesion height, but I was dumb and forgot to note the default settings, so I cannot roll it back until I find them. Does anyone know the default suspension setting/ ride height?

Hello all,

Just recently purchased the Kraton and have been loving it. I noticed that my steering is a lot less responsive recently, so I checked the servo and everything to do with the servo, such as the horn, servo saver and servo mount. Everything is normal, no brushing of anything anywhere.

The only thing I changed from stock was the suspesion height, but I was dumb and forgot to note the default settings, so I cannot roll it back until I find them. Does anyone know the default suspension setting/ ride height?

Ride height shouldn't have any effect on the steering other than, it will change the toe & camber a little. It sounds like the servo saver adjustment has loosened up (common) Has your dual rate adjustment on your transmitter gotten turned down ? Have you checked to see if the steering rack is bent ? Pillow balls adjusted correctly at the hubs ?
Disconnect the link on the servo horn and see if the steering is binding. As far as ride height, the lower a arms should be parallel with the ground front and rear.

Last edited:
Ride height shouldn't have any effect on the steering other than, it will change the toe a little. It sounds like the servo saver adjustment has loosened up (common) Has your dual rate adjustment on your transmitter gotten turned down ? Have you checked to see if the steering rack is bent ? Pillow balls adjusted correctly at the hubs ?
Disconnect the link on the servo horn and see if the steering is binding. As far as ride height, the lower a arms should be parallel with the ground front and rear.

I had a steering post screw and the flanged tube come out on my Kraton. Didn't even realize it until I noticed the steering was a little off. So that's a possibility as well.

I had a steering post screw and the flanged tube come out on my Kraton. Didn't even realize it until I noticed the steering was a little off. So that's a possibility as well.
Hmm, so not going to lie. I am brand new at all this, so I will need to take a look at the parts lists and figure out what is what and see if it is missing. Thanks for your help.

Hmm, so not going to lie. I am brand new at all this, so I will need to take a look at the parts lists and figure out what is what and see if it is missing. Thanks for your help.

20180822_105151.jpg

See the screw missing on the left, above the body post? That's the one that went AWOL on me.

Here is the current setup of the car, as well as all the parts related to the servo. I tighetned the servo saver screw at the bottom to full, but i've read it's not good to do that,so i might release it a touch.

Your ride height looks pretty good, the front may be just a tad high but is ok. In the second pic it looks like the servo saver adjustment nut is nearly down to the chassis. If looks are not deceiving, it is probably too loose. Put the car on the floor turn it on and turn the steering back and forth while looking at the servo saver, if the v shaped gap opens up it is too loose. Typically that adjustment nut has around a 4mm gap between it and the chassis.

20180822_142830.jpg 20180822_142835.jpg

I presume you mean this gap? As you can see, the gap is not the same on when turning. In order to adjust this, I need to take off the plastic coverings and screw the saver back up to around 4mm from the chasis?

Ah I see, but now my question is if I want it tighter(right) or looser(left). In your post, you say to go to the left, which is softer, but I understand as you want the saver to be tighter?

The bellcrank rotates opposite direction from what the wheels are turning.

right, but , so i want to tighten the nut or release it ? I should be going left ?

By following the directions in the other thread, You will be tightening the nut up against the spring to put more pressure on the servo saver so it doesn't open up prematurely causing the lack of steering. That said, the stock servo is well known for not lasting very long. It and an aluminum servo mount will be one of the first upgrades to plan for.

Finally, all has been fixed and back to normal. It was the servo saver after all, it was super loose, but even more so than usual. It took a considerable amount of effort to tighten it back to where it should be. I have noticed the steering is back as it needs to be, so I am extremely happy. Thank you so much for all your help.

Finally, all has been fixed and back to normal. It was the servo saver after all, it was super loose, but even more so than usual. It took a considerable amount of effort to tighten it back to where it should be. I have noticed the steering is back as it needs to be, so I am extremely happy. Thank you so much for all your help.
Also I know late in this, but if you ever have to go the servo saver again, they are suppose to have 4 bearings and even recommends to put them in in place of the bushings in there. 1/10s have plastic bushings and 1/8s have metal which causes rubbing and grinding eventually wearing them out again. And as much as we pay for these things you figure they can put the smallest bearings in them. But that's how they make their money, off the cheap part being replaced after they start to breaking. And when you have a 2yr warranty but wait on a servo for 2 months, fixed, then motor seized up on second run, another 2 months so I bought another servo incase replacement was bad as well, and it was so I bought an eco servo incase. Already put it in and swapping out the replacement with the other bad spectrum so i have a back up. Wish they would have left Arrma electronics in them. The Spectrums ad nothing but problems with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back