Typhon stock typhon gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwnm2

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hi recently purchased a new typhon and wondering does it only come with one gear....the "slower" gear?

thanks, but i was wanting to know if it came with more than one gear from factory? it claims 70mph on the box, but is that only by purchasing ab additional gear?

hi recently purchased a new typhon and wondering does it only come with one gear....the "slower" gear?
Can only speak for the 3s typhon. Comes with a 15 tooth pinion. Imo...perfect balance of speed and torque. Bigger pinion, bigger problems.

RTR 6s standard Typhon should come with (2) gears. The Basher pinion installed and the Speed running pinion in a separate bag.... Last I heard.
I would only buy Tekno pinions looking forward, if I were you. The Safe-D pinions Arrma gives suck. Cheap metal. Don't cheap out on Modulus 1. pinions.
I run a 22T Tekno pinion for Speed with my Typhon TLRT. It was a roller and came with NO pinions. 58mph with only 4s packs. Runs cool. One motor fan installed. I only run 4s with my TLRT. Drives and handles best IMHO. And large capacity 6s packs are also a tight fit. Many won't fit under the Typhon body without modding.
(HW XR8 Plus Sensored combo, 4274-2250kv)

16T installed and separate 20T (speed gear) is what normally came with the 6s Typhon. FWIW.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new rig!! Great little buggy (I have 3😃😍) It should come with a 20t speed pinion I believe. It is not meant for bashing around in the dirt tho, just for on road stuff, otherwise you're asking for trouble

thanks everyone, mine only came with what was installed, nothign else. i tried asking arma and they wanted all my personal info, copy of receipt, etc before answering a simple yes/no question

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back