Typhon Stock length vs. stretched Typhon handling for general street bashing/drifting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Been running my Typhon 6s as a dedicated street basher for a little while now and overall its great. Running Limitless towers/shocks with stock electronics/TLR chassis. Using 4s batteries and 24/46 gearing and 30/200/20 in the diffs and GRP tires, XM7 compound when its warmer, XM5 when its cooler. It has all the power and speed I need considering the parking lot size I bash in (100 yards long/wide).
It drifts pretty good, but can spin out pretty easy with just a little too much throttle which I have gotten better at but still happens more than I would like. How much different would it handle stretched with a Kraton chassis? I'm assuming it would drift a little better and hold a straight line better, but turning radius would increase. Would the improved drifting make up for the larger turning radius? Also, any chance running different compounds on the front and rear would help it drift more controlled or would that screw it up?

It's a lot more controllable when long. Real fun. Either go with buggy tires or MX28 (need Kraton hubs for that) or MX28hp. The longer version does not spin out so easily.

Jumping is better when stock length as the tires are not that heavy and corrections are easier when short when using buggy tires.

20220221_135300.jpg

20220221_135329.jpg

Been running my Typhon 6s as a dedicated street basher for a little while now and overall its great. Running Limitless towers/shocks with stock electronics/TLR chassis. Using 4s batteries and 24/46 gearing and 30/200/20 in the diffs and GRP tires, XM7 compound when its warmer, XM5 when its cooler. It has all the power and speed I need considering the parking lot size I bash in (100 yards long/wide).
It drifts pretty good, but can spin out pretty easy with just a little too much throttle which I have gotten better at but still happens more than I would like. How much different would it handle stretched with a Kraton chassis? I'm assuming it would drift a little better and hold a straight line better, but turning radius would increase. Would the improved drifting make up for the larger turning radius? Also, any chance running different compounds on the front and rear would help it drift more controlled or would that screw it up?
It sounds like you set this thing up just about perfectly for street bashing. Before you stretch her out, try 60/500-1mil/30 and increase the rear negative camber by another degree and see how you like it. Longer means much better straight line stability, but mos def won’t turn in as well, as tight, or as precisely as the SWB does.

Ok, I'm going to experiment with diff fluids a bit first. I want to keep it turning nice and tight which it does well with the swb chassis.
Ive got a set of GRPs with the xm3 compound that I haven't tried yet, may give them a run this weekend now that temps are a good bit cooler.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back