Storage/Charging/Transportation of LiPo’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
It may also be used to store cash, important documents or photos so in the event of a fire within a house……. touch wood that does not happen, it may save these items.
These bags are not guaranteed to prevent a fire but having one in place is better than nothing.
I was able to squeeze 9 LiPo’s in there. Cheap as chips too.

98784E0D-8085-4C93-A424-267489491045.jpeg

920070B8-0EB4-463D-BF91-1E57E6E95AF9.jpeg

BB0E70CB-A4EA-492C-8ED7-2A870669C75D.jpeg

Get few metal ammo boxes. Walmart or harbor freight. Take the rubber seal off. I have all my lipos in ammo boxes. And on extra for travel. Alot safer than lipo bags

Ammo boxes are better than nothing but being steel and a conductor of electricity does bring hazards. I wouldn’t charge a LiPo in an Ammo box like I would in one of these LiPo bags.
I reckon these bags are better than what they used to be in regards to containing a fire. You would think a well known LiPo battery brand would’ve done their homework before throwing their name all over one, so I’m confident it’ll do what it’s suppose to do.
Definitely a lot more portable than an Ammo box to lug LipPo’s around. There’s also enough room to throw an ice pack, 6 pack of beer 🍺……… cruise around to your mates place and watch a game of Badminton 🏸

Last edited:
I use those bags while charging for now. I'm on the lookout for a used flammable cabinet to store the packs.

That the Bat Safe will or the bag won't. Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Use what works for you.
The Bat Safe looks like the Bees knees but like I said……..the bags better than nothing.

I am a firm believer in any lipo bag and the use of ammo boxes. However, I separate my batteries into their own bag. If I have a lipo fire, I don't want to catch my whole collection on fire.

The Bat Safe looks like the Bees knees but like I said……..the bags better than nothing.
Better than nothing is a weak benchmark though, anything less flammable makes sense then. I don't trust them with one of the batteries as large as the ones in your OP picture or in my case 6s. At least with the construction of an ammo can or something purpose built for lipo fires like the bat safe gives some security and time delay to move it. Maybe something 4s or less in the hundreds of mah for the lipo bags that's assuming you even get something genuinely made. Rebrands and randomly generated brand names don't instill too much confidence either.

I’d be in for a nice little fireworks show if that bag was to let go that’s for sure 💥 Myself weighing it up……..
- You’ll get 4 times as many LiPo’s in the bag than the safe;
- The Safe is quadruple the price of the bag;
- The bags a lot more portable to haul LiPo’s around.

During charging is when these batteries are going to want to spill their guts. No other LiPo’s are in the bag during this time, but they all do get stored in there.

Neither item is guaranteed to prevent a fire but like you said………Each to their own.

My lipos get ammo can, that's it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back